Hello World example on Eclipse

frax84

Hello World example on Eclipse

Postby frax84 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:17 pm

Hello,
i'm trying to import in Eclipse the Hello World example. After a bit of work i have been able to solve the errors on the include. By the way, i have still an error on:

Code: Select all

vTaskDelay(1000 / portTICK_PERIOD_MS);
The error is: "Problem description: Symbol 'CONFIG_FREERTOS_HZ' could not be resolved".

I'm still quite a noob of Eclipse IDE and esp-idf. What am i missing?

Thank you for the patience,
frax

kolban

Re: Hello World example on Eclipse

Postby kolban » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:24 pm

To resolve that issue, add a

Code: Select all

#include "sdkconfig.h"
at the start of your C source program. When you run "make menuconfig" to configure the environment for your application, that generates a set of configuration properties. During compilation, a "header file" is generated which contains C header definitions for the current configuration settings. The "sdkconfig.h" is the generated file name which includes those definitions.
Free book on ESP32 available here: https://leanpub.com/kolban-ESP32

frax84

Postby frax84 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:06 am

Thank you. Actually i'm not able to solve the problem but i suppose that's because i still have tu run a makeconfig and so the constant inside sdkconfig.h still have not a value. I'm going to read your book to increase my background before asking something else. Thank you

frax84

Postby frax84 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:20 am

Ok, i have been able to figure out how it works and i have been able to solve errors, build and flash on my esp32devkit. Thank you for the help :)