ESP-IDF 1.0 Release plan

ESP_Sprite
Posts: 1113
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:08 am

Re: ESP-IDF 1.0 Release plan

Postby ESP_Sprite » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:24 am

The repository has a main branch where all our current work will be done. This branch will always contain our latest work, regardles of which esp-idf version is current. The repo also has a bunch of tags indicating the released versions. You can use them by cloning the repository and then doing something like 'git checkout v1.0' to switch to the official release. Also check out https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/releases/tag/v1.0 , I just edited in how to obtain 1.0 in the end of that document.

Ritesh
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:37 am
Location: India
Contact:

Re: ESP-IDF 1.0 Release plan

Postby Ritesh » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:17 pm

ESP_Sprite wrote:The repository has a main branch where all our current work will be done. This branch will always contain our latest work, regardles of which esp-idf version is current. The repo also has a bunch of tags indicating the released versions. You can use them by cloning the repository and then doing something like 'git checkout v1.0' to switch to the official release. Also check out https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/releases/tag/v1.0 , I just edited in how to obtain 1.0 in the end of that document.


Ok, So, I will get current update status by using "git pull" and "git submodule update" commands on which I am working on ESP32-idf RTOS SDK since one month.

Let me correct if i am wrong.

I have also checked that there is last commit of last Friday and after that there is no any commit inside ESP32-idf RTOS SDK on Git. So, when we will get next update for remaining drivers and other stuffs which are remaining to include it.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

slcasner
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:08 pm

Re: ESP-IDF 1.0 Release plan

Postby slcasner » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:18 pm

Please update the http://www.espressif.com/en/products/ha ... /resources page to show the current version 1.0 and release date for the ESP32 IDF RTOS SDK. I was watching there and did not notice that v1.0 was released on github.

ESP_Sprite
Posts: 1113
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:08 am

Re: ESP-IDF 1.0 Release plan

Postby ESP_Sprite » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:00 am

I think it actually was just updated. Sorry, the release itself is done by another sert of people than the website, so it may lag slightly. I think following Github would be a better option; that's where new releases are put by the devs so you should see it there immediately.

Ritesh
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:37 am
Location: India
Contact:

Re: ESP-IDF 1.0 Release plan

Postby Ritesh » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:36 am

ESP_Sprite wrote:I think it actually was just updated. Sorry, the release itself is done by another sert of people than the website, so it may lag slightly. I think following Github would be a better option; that's where new releases are put by the devs so you should see it there immediately.


Ok, So, I will get current update status by using "git pull" and "git submodule update" commands on which I am working on ESP32-idf RTOS SDK since one month.

Let me correct if i am wrong.

I have also checked that there is last commit of last Friday and after that there is no any commit inside ESP32-idf RTOS SDK on Git. So, when we will get next update for remaining drivers and other stuffs which are remaining to include it.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

User avatar
rudi ;-)
Posts: 1089
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:25 pm
Contact:

Re: ESP-IDF 1.0 Release plan

Postby rudi ;-) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:51 am

Ritesh wrote:
...commands on which I am working on ESP32-idf RTOS SDK since one month.

Let me correct if i am wrong.

I have also checked that there is last commit of last Friday and after that there is no any commit inside ESP32-idf RTOS SDK on Git. So, when we will get next update for remaining drivers and other stuffs which are remaining to include it.

Start my personal opinion


Ritesh:

This must be times, sorry:

And if you ask 1000 times the same ask, please, just follow the thread, if there is something new there will be posted.
If it lags many times, it would be better, you pursue the source directly in github.

Every change and new is logged via the github.
So if you have a github account you can subscribe to the channel of esp-idf. Automatically every step, every problem, every merging is communicated to you. Sometimes even more than it is announced here or it is communicated.
And you can make code proposal and can request a Pull ( merge your code to the MASTER ) .. and so on.

Also you can communicate immediately over the channel and problems directly over github, this is nevertheless a news message thread.

I do not understand your constant post around the same questions in the NEWS honest.

When NEWS is finished it will be ready and will be communicated.
This important NEWS thread constantly with the same garbage to attack does not make it clearer!

You're not a beginner anymore?
You know how github works?
If not, in many ways it is better to start first with github how it works?
this makes life easy.

Because the notification of github about new patches, new tags new releases and so on works great.
you see each detail on it, where, when, who is working on drivers, news, patches, from where it comes and so on.

Branches: Master ( usually allways up2date - )
other branche, if you want try other things: bugfix/uart_isr_rodata
but this : This branch is 270 commits behind master.
so "OLD"

somtimes branches can be experimental for testings
if the code then is stable, then it will be merged into MASTER..
and perhabs in a release, example by tags:

tags: v0.9, ( release 0.9 ) , v1.0 ( release 1.0 )
and this can be same, older as the Master.
you must start with github first Ritesh.
then many question in this NEWS Thread will be answered auto for you.




This then better to create a new Thread "How Github works" in general discussion ,
but not "annoy" in NEWS Channel Top Theme

Because all here are constantly notified via email with new NEWS contributions, if this thread is updated.
Because i write here , each User will update with notification over email too.. ( sry guys for this onetime )

One logs in and then expects a news post from the developer team.
Instead, you read then beginner questions to Gitub and always the same questions from you.
(Proposal: google: how github works).

End my personal opinion

:roll:
-------------------------------------
love it, change it or leave it.
-------------------------------------
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

Ritesh
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:37 am
Location: India
Contact:

Re: ESP-IDF 1.0 Release plan

Postby Ritesh » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:17 pm

rudi ;-) wrote:
Ritesh wrote:
...commands on which I am working on ESP32-idf RTOS SDK since one month.

Let me correct if i am wrong.

I have also checked that there is last commit of last Friday and after that there is no any commit inside ESP32-idf RTOS SDK on Git. So, when we will get next update for remaining drivers and other stuffs which are remaining to include it.

Start my personal opinion


Ritesh:

This must be times, sorry:

And if you ask 1000 times the same ask, please, just follow the thread, if there is something new there will be posted.
If it lags many times, it would be better, you pursue the source directly in github.

Every change and new is logged via the github.
So if you have a github account you can subscribe to the channel of esp-idf. Automatically every step, every problem, every merging is communicated to you. Sometimes even more than it is announced here or it is communicated.
And you can make code proposal and can request a Pull ( merge your code to the MASTER ) .. and so on.

Also you can communicate immediately over the channel and problems directly over github, this is nevertheless a news message thread.

I do not understand your constant post around the same questions in the NEWS honest.

When NEWS is finished it will be ready and will be communicated.
This important NEWS thread constantly with the same garbage to attack does not make it clearer!

You're not a beginner anymore?
You know how github works?
If not, in many ways it is better to start first with github how it works?
this makes life easy.

Because the notification of github about new patches, new tags new releases and so on works great.
you see each detail on it, where, when, who is working on drivers, news, patches, from where it comes and so on.

Branches: Master ( usually allways up2date - )
other branche, if you want try other things: bugfix/uart_isr_rodata
but this : This branch is 270 commits behind master.
so "OLD"

somtimes branches can be experimental for testings
if the code then is stable, then it will be merged into MASTER..
and perhabs in a release, example by tags:

tags: v0.9, ( release 0.9 ) , v1.0 ( release 1.0 )
and this can be same, older as the Master.
you must start with github first Ritesh.
then many question in this NEWS Thread will be answered auto for you.




This then better to create a new Thread "How Github works" in general discussion ,
but not "annoy" in NEWS Channel Top Theme

Because all here are constantly notified via email with new NEWS contributions, if this thread is updated.
Because i write here , each User will update with notification over email too.. ( sry guys for this onetime )

One logs in and then expects a news post from the developer team.
Instead, you read then beginner questions to Gitub and always the same questions from you.
(Proposal: google: how github works).

End my personal opinion

:roll:


Hi,

I know how GIT commands are working and how GIT Repository is working. I have just asked questions as i don't see any update since last Friday on github. My concern was that we are waiting for I2C Drivers and other stuffs which are urgent for us.

That is why i am asking that type of question frequently to get any update for that.

Sorry if I have asked any questions multiple times or forcing for anything.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

User avatar
rudi ;-)
Posts: 1089
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:25 pm
Contact:

Re: ESP-IDF 1.0 Release plan

Postby rudi ;-) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:18 pm

Ritesh wrote:Sorry if I have asked any questions multiple times or forcing for anything.


Thanks for your understand.
-------------------------------------
love it, change it or leave it.
-------------------------------------
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

jumjum123
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:11 pm

Re: ESP-IDF 1.0 Release plan

Postby jumjum123 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:08 pm

@Ritesh, did you take a look to arduino components ?

User avatar
rudi ;-)
Posts: 1089
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:25 pm
Contact:

Re: ESP-IDF 1.0 Release plan

Postby rudi ;-) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:23 pm

jumjum123 wrote:@Ritesh, did you take a look to arduino components ?


No i think he did not.
He do start PM me now. :lol:
..So, Please let me know if you have idea means by the end of this week or by the end of next week to get I2C driver included into ESP32-idf RTOS SDK...

@Ritesh
yes and no:
if i know, then yes,
no not only you, i will post to community

have a look to this post:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=632#p2738

best wishes
rudi ;-)
-------------------------------------
love it, change it or leave it.
-------------------------------------
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest