Positioning a ESP32 Module on a Base Board

Partokus

Positioning a ESP32 Module on a Base Board

Postby Partokus » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:54 pm

Hello! I use ESP32 WROVER-B. Sorry for my english.

Found in "ESP32 Hardware Design Guidelines" (page 10) recomendations for position of esp32 on board.
esppositiononboard.jpg
esppositiononboard.jpg (56.38 KiB) Viewed 3498 times
Tell me please why 3, 4 position highly recomended? It is because to the right of the esp32 do not recomend place any components? I am wanna know because i want tightly place component for smaller sizes of my board.

ben_mkiv

Re: Positioning a ESP32 Module on a Base Board

Postby ben_mkiv » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:13 am

It probably is highly recommended because the antenna connects there, which indicates that the RF Unit is also placed somewhere on the top right of the ESP Module.
So when placed on the corner of the PCB theres no other component around which could induct signals into the antenna/rf unit

Partokus

Re: Positioning a ESP32 Module on a Base Board

Postby Partokus » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:53 am

ben_mkiv wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:13 am
It probably is highly recommended because the antenna connects there, which indicates that the RF Unit is also placed somewhere on the top right of the ESP Module.
So when placed on the corner of the PCB theres no other component around which could induct signals into the antenna/rf unit
Thanks! So, if it because of antenna good working then i can please to the right of the esp32 at least connector of UART for programming because i use it only for programming and it will not disturb wi-fi's working.