Can't find the specified pins for the second I2C

Hasan Shadi

Can't find the specified pins for the second I2C

Postby Hasan Shadi » Tue May 19, 2020 12:11 am

I have been searching a lot about the situation of mine, which turned out to be something wrong with the name of the board. In my board, which is "ESP32-Wroom32-Dev-Kit-C" has specified pins for the peripherals, unlike other boards, you can choose any pin you like. I have found the first I2C, which is written for the SDA as "Wire SDA" and the SCL as "Wire SCL" in the picture that I have attached. However, this is the first I2C, where is the second one then? I have read the the whole pinout and I could not see the second I2C's specified pins. Based on my knowledge, the ESP32 does not use any I2C, so there must be another I2C pins. Another thing to mention is that in the pinout (a.k.a datasheet) picture is not the same as my board, but it has the exact same pins order and specifications.
Attachments
ESP32-WroomerDevKitC-pinout.png
ESP32-WroomerDevKitC-pinout.png (394.1 KiB) Viewed 2895 times

WiFive

Re: Can't find the specified pins for the second I2C

Postby WiFive » Tue May 19, 2020 12:33 am

You can choose any free pins for i2c, maybe the label is just for a specific example code. The other labels are default mux pins, but you can change some of those too. Only certain peripherals have fixed pins.