Connecting to FT313H USB 2.0 high speed host controller?

zliudr

Connecting to FT313H USB 2.0 high speed host controller?

Postby zliudr » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:08 pm

I am considering my path from USB 2.0/1.1 full speed to high speed so I found this host controller from FTDI:

https://www.ftdichip.com/Products/ICs/FT313H.html

I wonder if anyone has interfaced it with ESP32. I'm not sure if the interfaces on FT313H works with ESP32:

It says:

Supports multiple bus interfaces. 8-bit or 16-bit bus for GPIO, SRAM or NOR Flash

It also has DMA. I wonder if I can hook it up to a wrover-b module to share its spiram with the FT313H via DMA, that would be an awesome thing to do unfortunately I don't know enough about memory interfaces to say yes or no.

Excerpts from FTDI doc:
The FT313H has a fast advance general purpose interface to communicate with most types of microcontrollers and microprocessors. This microcontroller interface is configured using pins ALE/ADV_N and CLE to accommodate most types of interfaces. The bus interface supports 8-bit and 16-bit, which can be configured using bit DATA_BUS_WIDTH. Three bus interface types are selected using inputs ALE/ADV_N and CLE during power up, the RD_N /RE_N/OE_N and CS_N/CE_N pins, or the RESET_N pin.
They listed SRAM, NOR, and General multiplex, both 8-bit and 16-bit data width as options. Does ESP32 have any of these interfaces to share memory with this IC? Thanks.