Anyone designed/produced a socket for the ESP32 module for development and production reuse?

lisanke

Anyone designed/produced a socket for the ESP32 module for development and production reuse?

Postby lisanke » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:12 am

Since the module has pins accessible from the outer perimeter of the module, I wonder if a module could be programmed in one device and used in a production app in another circuit. There are packaging requirements in production, and development boards provide interfaces which are often unnecessary in production. I'm not a mechanical engineer, but; it looks like the module could be pressure fit into metal compression pins in a plastic socket which would allow pry removal after programming.

If there's another technology which I'm obviously unaware of from my question, please don't hesitate to mention it.

Yes, I know the module can be un-soldered and re-soldered into another circuit, and that only a few pins are required for programming.

Thanks for any helpful comments.

rudi ;-)

Re: Anyone designed/produced a socket for the ESP32 module for development and production reuse?

Postby rudi ;-) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:29 am

lisanke wrote: Thanks for any helpful comments.

hi

you mean for the wroom32modul?

you click it, program it and remove it without soldering.

best wishes
rudi ;-)
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (147.56 KiB) Viewed 7917 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (140.65 KiB) Viewed 7917 times
-------------------------------------
love it, change it or leave it.
-------------------------------------
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

lisanke

Re: Anyone designed/produced a socket for the ESP32 module for development and production reuse?

Postby lisanke » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:03 pm

thanks for the quick and helpful replies