PullUp / PullDown and Interrupts

JohnKed

PullUp / PullDown and Interrupts

Postby JohnKed » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:58 pm

By reading the ESP32 datasheet I figure that every single IO pin can be configured with a pull up or pull down resistor. Is this correct or I missing something here?

Also, can I somehow configure some gpio pins with interrupts? I'm using Arduino for ESP32 programming and I want to do interrupts like the INT0 or INT1 of the Arduino

ESP_Angus

Re: PullUp / PullDown and Interrupts

Postby ESP_Angus » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:46 pm

JohnKed wrote:By reading the ESP32 datasheet I figure that every single IO pin can be configured with a pull up or pull down resistor. Is this correct or I missing something here?
Not quite, GPIOs 34-39 are input-only *and* do not have internal pull-up or pull-down circuitry. This is mentioned in Appendix C.1 of the datasheet, Number 2 in the table.

All other pins have internal software-configurable pull-ups and pull-downs.
JohnKed wrote:Also, can I somehow configure some gpio pins with interrupts? I'm using Arduino for ESP32 programming and I want to do interrupts like the INT0 or INT1 of the Arduino
As far as I know, the same attachInterrupt() API that is used on other Arduino MCUs can be used with ESP32. Any GPIO pin can be used for this purpose: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/AttachInterrupt

If you have more questions about Arduino, please open a new thread in the dedicated Arduino subforum.