ESP32 - Switch to CAM

prashkd

ESP32 - Switch to CAM

Postby prashkd » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:45 am

Hi,
I am new to ESP32 Dev environment.
I've been playing with ESP32-CAM as well as ESP32-DevKit-V1 and have come up with a project which requires both the CAM feature as well as all of the IOs available in dev kit. I've looked at the schematics for both and was wondering if there's any way we can configure esp32 to switch between "Cam" and "standard" mode. In CAM mode all GPIOs will be electrically connected to "cam_connector" using a series of P/N channel (depending on type of signal) MOSFETs with all their gates connected to one "control" GPIO to switch them all at the same time.

Functionally I am thinking I can use RTC to provide external interrupt to the ESP which will make it reboot in "Cam mode" if INT goes high and reboot in "standard" mode if INT goes from high to low. This way the module will act as camera for a certain period of the day, take some photos and then switch back to standard operation with all its IOs connected to series of digital/analog sensors.

I am just throwing this idea out there for the forum members to share their informed opinion on whether something like this is practical or not. If the suggestion moves in favour of this idea then I'm considering starting an opensource project for a new esp32-s2 dev board.

Thanks,