ESP32-CAM reset button doesn't seem to work

demenS

ESP32-CAM reset button doesn't seem to work

Postby demenS » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:12 pm

Hello! I recently got an ESP32-CAM (ESP32-S AI THINKER), I need it for one of my classes, and I thought I'd test it, with a simple project, and I found this project called "CameraWebServer" which can be loaded directly from Arduino IDE. After I connected my ESP to an FTDI programmer through which I can upload the code on the ESP,
webserver.jpg
webserver.jpg (192.91 KiB) Viewed 8002 times
as this picture shows... that seems to work, but to get the webserver's IP address I need to press the reset button, but when I press it, it does nothing.
My friend has an ESP32-CAM too, and I tried to do it the same way with his board, and that just works fine, also, the tutorial that I find about how to connect the FTDI with my ESP says that I should press the reset button on the ESP when I want to upload the code, but in my case, the code just got uploaded without the need to press the reset button.
Does anyone have an idea what could the problem be, am I doing something wrong, or did I get a faulty ESP?
If someone also worked with this CameraWebServer project, is there a way, to get the webserver's IP address without pressing the onboard button?
Or is there a workaround, so I don't have to press the reset button?

alanesq

Re: ESP32-CAM reset button doesn't seem to work

Postby alanesq » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:12 am

If you disconnect then reconnect the power supply to the esp32cam board whilst not disconnecting the FTDI board from your computer this should have the same effect as pressing the reset button on the esp32cam module
If you go in to the DHCP settings on your router you should be able to see what IP address has been issued to it

demenS

Re: ESP32-CAM reset button doesn't seem to work

Postby demenS » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:10 pm

alanesq wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:12 am
If you disconnect then reconnect the power supply to the esp32cam board whilst not disconnecting the FTDI board from your computer this should have the same effect as pressing the reset button on the esp32cam module
If you go in to the DHCP settings on your router you should be able to see what IP address has been issued to it
Thank you very much! Reconnecting the power supply to the board helped me with the reset button problem :D , since I might need the reset button later on.