Serial Communication

enthusiastSR

Serial Communication

Postby enthusiastSR » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:36 am

Hello,

I am working on serial communication between esp32 and lpc1768 microcontroller.

I have established the communication successfully with a ESP32-WROOM-32U module and our custom board with LPC1768 chip. But, however when I solder the ESP32-WROOM-32U chip on our custom board the communication fails.

I have verified the connections and everything seems to look fine. But I dont understand why it fails with a esp32 chip while it works perfectly with the esp32 module.

The connections are: Rx-Tx, Tx-Rx, DTR-DTR, RTS-RTS, VCC-VCC

Please help me with your kind inputs to solve this problem.

Thank you,
enthusiastsr

ESP_Sprite

Re: Serial Communication

Postby ESP_Sprite » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:57 am

Can you be a bit more specific rather than just stating 'it fails'? Do you see the ESP otherwise performing OK, do you get an error message, what are you trying to send/receive, have you scoped the various signals, ...?

enthusiastSR

Postby enthusiastSR » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:34 am

@ESP_Sprite,

Yes, otherwise the esp32 chip seems to be ok.

So, the basic application is I want to send data from esp32 to lpc1768 over uart. I can observe on an Oscilloscope that the data is sent from esp32 but lpc never recieves it.

I don't get any error message. Infact everything works perfectly when I replace the esp32 chip with a esp32 dev kit mentioned in the below link:

https://www.mouser.de/ProductDetail/Esp ... gJo9_D_BwE

My question is: What causes the chip not to work? Are there any specific connections I need to keep in mind or should the chip be powered separately?

Thank you.

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:37 pm

Well... if you can see the data leaving the ESP correctly but the LPC doesn't see it, wouldn't that indicate some issue in the path from the ESP to the LPC?

enthusiastSR

Postby enthusiastSR » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:23 am

Yes. There is some issue in the path from ESP to LPC. And my question is what could that issue be?

My connections are similar to the one from ESP32-WROOM-32U module, with whom the communication works.

Thank you.