Maximal physical characteristics (Vibration)

CloudsEder

Maximal physical characteristics (Vibration)

Postby CloudsEder » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:25 am

Hello everyone,

are there any information about the maximal physical characteristics of a ESP32-Module (we are usin ESP32-Wrover-IE), like vibration, etc.?
The only one I have found is the operating temperature.

I would especially like to know a maximal value for the physical acceleration after which the module would start to behave unexpected.

Thanks in advance :)

CloudsEder

Re: Maximal physical characteristics (Vibration)

Postby CloudsEder » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:51 pm

To specify my question: Our custom PCB is build in a control cabinet, which was tested in a vibration test, where the whole unit was shaken in different frequencys. A Sensor, that was placed directly on the ESP measured 11.8g max. The norm we were aiming for states that the maximum is 10g, but has an extra term that small values above that are also okay if there is an explination on why this would not be a problem.

The ESP worked like a charm throughout the test and I'm quite sure that there are other components in the unit that would malfunction before the ESP, but we would like to have something in our hands to show that the 11.8g wouldn't be a problem for the ESP.

ESP_Lvxinyue

Postby ESP_Lvxinyue » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:46 am

Hi,
We don't have vibration test for the module itself, but for module packaging.

CloudsEder

Postby CloudsEder » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:30 pm

Hello ESP_Lvxinyue,

thanks for your answer.

Even though I think that this won't help us, are those publicly available and I could have a look at those myself?

Have a nice day :)

ESP_Lvxinyue

Postby ESP_Lvxinyue » Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:09 am

Hi CloudsEder,

It's not publicly available. Please contact our sales (https://www.espressif.com/en/contact-us/sales-questions) for more information. Thanks.