fatal error on flashing

xxopiumxx

fatal error on flashing

Postby xxopiumxx » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:00 pm

regards,

I know that this kind of trouble has been asked several times, but this one in particular i cannot find.
I am runing a ESP32D0WDQ6 on a custom pcb that i have made based on a ESP32 dev kit.

I am programming it through an external MAX3232, hocked to the U1 (gpio10/9) pins. I have tested that the board is 'alive' by connecting another usb-rs232 converter to the U0 and by entering the boot secuence on GPIO0 I get :
ets Jun 8 2016 00:22:57

rst:0x1 (POWERON_RESET),boot:0x1 (DOWNLOAD_BOOT(UART0/UART1/SDIO_FEI_REO_V2))
waiting for download
so, I thing that it is internally working (am I right?)

but then when I try to flash something in U1 I get the follow:
[root@15b5618cc4a2 helloworld]# make flash
Flashing binaries to serial port /dev/tty0 (app at offset 0x10000)...
esptool.py v2.1
Connecting........_____.....__
Chip is ESP32D0WDQ6 (revision 1)
Uploading stub...
Running stub...
Stub running...
Configuring flash size...

A fatal error occurred: Timed out waiting for packet header
make: *** [/home/esp/toolchain/esp-idf/components/esptool_py/Makefile.projbuild:53: flash] Error 2
in the hardware side i have: En and boot(gpio0) pins are pulled up to 3v3 by 10k resistors; and the buttons has a 10p cap, but no pulldown (i have try to put several, but doesnt work either). gpio2 10k pulldown. gpio12 floting.

and thats it. I cannot make it work; and dont have the slightest idea of whats going on.
any clues!?

thanks in advance!!

ESP_Angus

Re: fatal error on flashing

Postby ESP_Angus » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:31 pm

If you force GPIO0 low (by pressing a button if you have one, or by a jumper wire or something if you don't) and run esptool.py, does it work?

If the answer is "yes", try adding a capacitor of approx 1uF value to the EN pin.

If the answer is "no", do you have a schematic of the relevant part of the board that you can share?

xxopiumxx

Re: fatal error on flashing

Postby xxopiumxx » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:24 pm

hi, thanks for the answer.
i have just try that, with no results.

currently i have the same components that the dev board:

now iam having a doubt, by default, the esp32 expects the download for uart1 or uart0? if I connect mi ttl-usb to uart0 i got:
ets Jun 8 2016 00:22:57

rst:0x1 (POWERON_RESET),boot:0x1 (DOWNLOAD_BOOT(UART0/UART1/SDIO_FEI_REO_V2))
waiting for download
but if i try to use esptool with the ttl-usb in it (uart0) it doesnt even start. but if i change it to uart1, it does start but gives me that fatal error