ESP BLE Mesh v0.6 Released, SIG Certified

ESP_Island

Re: ESP BLE Mesh v0.6 Released, SIG Certified

Postby ESP_Island » Tue May 14, 2019 3:32 pm

chenluhui2019 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:46 am
Hi,Espressif
When will the ble mesh official version be release ?

Hi, Luhui

ESP BLE Mesh is expected to be merged in IDF 4.0.

chenluhui2019

Postby chenluhui2019 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:57 am

ESP_Island wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 3:32 pm
chenluhui2019 wrote:
Hi,Espressif

Hi, Luhui

Hi.espressif
IDF 4.0 will be released in this year(2019) or next year(2020)?

ESP_Island

Postby ESP_Island » Wed May 15, 2019 2:57 am

chenluhui2019 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:57 am
ESP_Island wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 3:32 pm
chenluhui2019 wrote:
Hi,Espressif

Hi, Luhui

Hi.espressif
IDF 4.0 will be released in this year(2019) or next year(2020)?
Hi, Luhui

IDF 4.0 will be released in this year (2019).

ESP_Island

Postby ESP_Island » Wed May 15, 2019 3:05 am

EddLeon wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:20 pm
Hi Espressif,

I am currently trying to build a testing network with the ESP32 chips. I plan to have a bunch of nodes and configure them in such a way I can test out the Mesh flooding mechanism.

At this moment, I want to self-provision and self-configure nodes so I can deploy the mesh faster and make quick reconfigurations. The problem is that the API does not provide access to the functions to do so. (bt_mesh_cfg_app_key_add and bt_mesh_cfg_mod_app_bind; self-provision seems to work fine). I've been trying different ways but they all end up in kernel panics.

Would anyone be so kind to help me out here?

Kind regards,
Ed

Hi, EddLeon

For BLE Mesh unprovisioned devices entering network automatically, we have developed two test APIs (one for node, the other for provisioner). They are not released and currently used for the internal test, but you can test it if you need.

Following are the introductions about those two test APIs:

1. For Node

int ble_mesh_device_auto_enter_network(struct bt_mesh_device_network_info *info), the parameter includes the following info:

* Network key, Network key Index, flags, iv_index and unicast address (which can be assigned during provisioning)

* Device key

* Application Key and Application Key Index

* Group address

2. For Provisioner

int bt_mesh_provisioner_store_node_info(struct bt_mesh_node_t *node_info), the parameter includes the following info:

* node's name (max length 31 octets)

* Device UUID and oob_info

* unicast address, element number

* Network key Index, flags, iv_index

* Device key

Note:

1. Currently these two APIs are just for test.

2. Before Provisioner invokes the API bt_mesh_provisioner_store_node_info() to add node information, the followings need to done previously.

* Call esp_ble_mesh_provisioner_add_local_net_key() to add local Network Key (which is used by bt_mesh_provisioner_store_node_info())

* Call esp_ble_mesh_provisioner_add_local_app_key() to add local Application Key (which is used by bt_mesh_provisioner_store_node_info())

* Call esp_ble_mesh_provisioner_bind_app_key_to_local_model() to bind AppKey with Provisioner's models

3. The source files which contain these APIs.

* bt_mesh_device_auto_enter_network() -> components/bt/ble_mesh/mesh_core/test.c

* bt_mesh_provisioner_store_node_info() -> components/bt/ble_mesh/mesh_core/provisioner_main.c

* esp_ble_mesh_provisioner_add_local_net_key() -> component/bt/ble_mesh/api/core/esp_ble_mesh_networking_api.c

* esp_ble_mesh_provisioner_add_local_app_key() -> component/bt/ble_mesh/api/core/esp_ble_mesh_networking_api.c

* esp_ble_mesh_provisioner_bind_app_key_to_local_model() -> component/bt/ble_mesh/api/core/esp_ble_mesh_networking_api.c

rraghur

Postby rraghur » Thu May 16, 2019 4:21 am

chenluhui2019 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 2:41 am
ESP_Island wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:11 am

Code: Select all

I (872) FAST_PROV_CLIENT_DEMO: PB-ADV link open
I (882) FAST_PROV_CLIENT_DEMO: ESP_BLE_MESH_PROVISIONER_ADD_UNPROV_DEV_COMP_EVT, err_code: 0
W (38742) BLE_MESH: prov_retransmit, Timeout, giving up transaction
I (40512) FAST_PROV_CLIENT_DEMO: ESP_BLE_MESH_PROVISIONER_PROV_LINK_CLOSE_EVT, bearer PB-ADV reason 0x01
I flashed two ESP32 (one is a doit board, the other one is a TTGO T8) with the fast prov server example and tried fast provisioning with a count of 2. However, only the first esp32 is provisioned and the second one remains lit. The UART log of the first ESP32 just shows the above message "prov_retransmit, Timeout, giving up transaction, PB-ADV reason 0x01" repeatedly.

Has anybody else managed to get the fast provisioning server example running as in the video?

Thanks!

Wangcheng

Postby Wangcheng » Thu May 16, 2019 10:10 am

rraghur wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 4:21 am
chenluhui2019 wrote:
ESP_Island wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:11 am

I (882) FAST_PROV_CLIENT_DEMO: ESP_BLE_MESH_PROVISIONER_ADD_UNPROV_DEV_COMP_EVT, err_code: 0
I (40512) FAST_PROV_CLIENT_DEMO: ESP_BLE_MESH_PROVISIONER_PROV_LINK_CLOSE_EVT, bearer PB-ADV reason 0x01
I flashed two ESP32 (one is a doit board, the other one is a TTGO T8) with the fast prov server example and tried fast provisioning with a count of 2. However, only the first esp32 is provisioned and the second one remains lit. The UART log of the first ESP32 just shows the above message "prov_retransmit, Timeout, giving up transaction, PB-ADV reason 0x01" repeatedly.

Has anybody else managed to get the fast provisioning server example running as in the video?

Thanks!
Hi ,
Please check the value in ` menuconfig`.You should set it to:

Componet config --> Bluetooth --> bluetooth controller --> BLE scan Duplicate Options --> Scan Duplicate By Device Address And Advertisiong Data
Thanks!

konova

Postby konova » Thu May 16, 2019 12:38 pm

Hello guys !

Does your SDK support the use of BLE (like proxy role in Mesh spec) in coexistence with ble mesh? To go further, at this state of version do you think it is prudent to start a project with BLE, BLE MESH and wifi in coexistence ?

Regards,

rraghur

Postby rraghur » Thu May 16, 2019 2:14 pm

Wangcheng wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:10 am
rraghur wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 4:21 am
chenluhui2019 wrote:

Thanks!
Hi ,
Please check the value in ` menuconfig`.You should set it to:

Componet config --> Bluetooth --> bluetooth controller --> BLE scan Duplicate Options --> Scan Duplicate By Device Address And Advertisiong Data
Thanks!
Wangcheng - that did the trick. Works perfectly now. Thanks for the quick response.
Follow up question - though this is more on the ESP ble mesh app... how do I add fast provisioned nodes to a group? Seems like I'm only able to add the original node that's configured to a group and not the fast provisioned ones.

EddLeon

Postby EddLeon » Fri May 17, 2019 3:10 pm

ESP_Island wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 3:05 am
EddLeon wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:20 pm
Hi Espressif,

I am currently trying to build a testing network with the ESP32 chips. I plan to have a bunch of nodes and configure them in such a way I can test out the Mesh flooding mechanism.

At this moment, I want to self-provision and self-configure nodes so I can deploy the mesh faster and make quick reconfigurations. The problem is that the API does not provide access to the functions to do so. (bt_mesh_cfg_app_key_add and bt_mesh_cfg_mod_app_bind; self-provision seems to work fine). I've been trying different ways but they all end up in kernel panics.

Would anyone be so kind to help me out here?

Kind regards,
Ed

Hi, EddLeon

For BLE Mesh unprovisioned devices entering network automatically, we have developed two test APIs (one for node, the other for provisioner). They are not released and currently used for the internal test, but you can test it if you need.

Following are the introductions about those two test APIs:

1. For Node

int ble_mesh_device_auto_enter_network(struct bt_mesh_device_network_info *info), the parameter includes the following info:

* Network key, Network key Index, flags, iv_index and unicast address (which can be assigned during provisioning)

* Device key

* Application Key and Application Key Index

* Group address

2. For Provisioner

int bt_mesh_provisioner_store_node_info(struct bt_mesh_node_t *node_info), the parameter includes the following info:

* node's name (max length 31 octets)

* Device UUID and oob_info

* unicast address, element number

* Network key Index, flags, iv_index

* Device key

Note:

1. Currently these two APIs are just for test.

2. Before Provisioner invokes the API bt_mesh_provisioner_store_node_info() to add node information, the followings need to done previously.

* Call esp_ble_mesh_provisioner_add_local_net_key() to add local Network Key (which is used by bt_mesh_provisioner_store_node_info())

* Call esp_ble_mesh_provisioner_add_local_app_key() to add local Application Key (which is used by bt_mesh_provisioner_store_node_info())

* Call esp_ble_mesh_provisioner_bind_app_key_to_local_model() to bind AppKey with Provisioner's models

3. The source files which contain these APIs.

* bt_mesh_device_auto_enter_network() -> components/bt/ble_mesh/mesh_core/test.c

* bt_mesh_provisioner_store_node_info() -> components/bt/ble_mesh/mesh_core/provisioner_main.c

* esp_ble_mesh_provisioner_add_local_net_key() -> component/bt/ble_mesh/api/core/esp_ble_mesh_networking_api.c

* esp_ble_mesh_provisioner_add_local_app_key() -> component/bt/ble_mesh/api/core/esp_ble_mesh_networking_api.c

* esp_ble_mesh_provisioner_bind_app_key_to_local_model() -> component/bt/ble_mesh/api/core/esp_ble_mesh_networking_api.c
Thanks so much for the info, I had seen already the provisioner's apis in your provisioner examples. I'll definitely take a look into the bt_mesh_device_auto_enter_network and bt_mesh_provisioner_store_node_info.

Once again, thanks!

ESP_Island

Postby ESP_Island » Sat May 18, 2019 8:22 am

konova wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:38 pm
Hello guys !

Does your SDK support the use of BLE (like proxy role in Mesh spec) in coexistence with ble mesh? To go further, at this state of version do you think it is prudent to start a project with BLE, BLE MESH and wifi in coexistence ?

Regards,

Hi, Konova

We support BLE, BLE Mesh and wifi in coexistence. It should be pointed out that, the use of wifi will degrade the performance of BLE Mesh, because wifi and BLE need to share a common RF.

Here is a demo to show the BLE Mesh & Wi-Fi coexistence.