ESP BLE Mesh v0.6 Released, SIG Certified

nitesh2508

Re: ESP BLE Mesh v0.6 Released, SIG Certified

Postby nitesh2508 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:23 pm

Danialgreen wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:24 am
Hi espressif,

I tried the ESP32 fast provisioner client and server example, I have two questions for modifying the code to meet my system requirements.

1. How can I send customized data from client to server and server to client? Is there a model for this application?

2. After the provision is done and all the present ESP32 becomes nodes of the network, I tried to turn more ESP32 server on to join the mesh network, however, the provisioner seems do not have any responded. Does the provisioner turn the ADV scan off after a certain state?

Please let me know if there's any hint to help me solve my problem. Thank you.

Best regards
Danial
Where you able to work on this?I am looking to send custom messages to provisioned node..
I would like to know what should i do as i have two ESP32 boards, should i flash fast_prov_client example on one board and fast_prov_server example on other board and then using the documentation info send messages?
Please help...

anandgk

Postby anandgk » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:44 am

Great news!!!.Which development board do you suggest as the cheapest for establishing a Ble mesh network for sensor control.I will mention my requirements in brief. The nodes will transfer the sensor data and transmit them to a central node and based on the response from this central node relays are triggered in the individual nodes. Please give me a fast reply.

Thanks and regards

ESP_Island

Postby ESP_Island » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:14 am

anandgk wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:44 am
Great news!!!.Which development board do you suggest as the cheapest for establishing a Ble mesh network for sensor control.I will mention my requirements in brief. The nodes will transfer the sensor data and transmit them to a central node and based on the response from this central node relays are triggered in the individual nodes. Please give me a fast reply.

Thanks and regards

Hi, Anandgk

If you don't require a high wifi/ble coexistence performance, ESP32_Devkitc is enough to establish a BLE Mesh network.

Thanks,
Island

anandgk

Postby anandgk » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:14 am

Thanks for the fast reply!!
I am planning to use BLE as a primary mode of communication and WiFi as a secondary mode in case of any failure . My requirement is the continuous transfer of sensor data (proximity, CO2 and temperature) to a server and the data will be stored for further R&D. The server will then alert the nodes where the sensor values have exceeded the threshold value and cause a relay to be triggered.Can Devkit-C be used ??

Wangcheng

Postby Wangcheng » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:07 pm

Benbu2018 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:41 am
Hi Espressif,

For the provisioner, is there a function call to get the unicast address of itself and other nodes. I'm trying to extract node info by calling example_get_node_info().

Is there a way to hard-code the unicast address of all the nodes?

Thank you!
Hi Benbu,
1. Currently, after the provisioner configures the device, it saves the basic information of the device.

2. These basic information can be selected to be saved after power down.

3. The behavior of the provisioner assigned to the unicast address is incremented from a starting value and then incremented.

4. There is currently no way to hard-code and must go through an assigned process.

Wangcheng

Postby Wangcheng » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:12 pm

vels3113 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:53 pm
Dear all,

I try to provision nodes from ble_mesh_node example via meshctl. Meshctl uses bluez v5.50 on Ubuntu 18.04. Meshctl can detect esp device (esp32 devkitc) but can't connect to it printing the following:

Code: Select all

[meshctl]# provision dddd30aea4f487da0000000000000000
Trying to connect Device 30:AE:A4:F4:87:DA ESP-BLE-MESH
Adapter property changed 
[CHG] Controller 6C:71:D9:4F:72:62 Discovering: no
Failed to connect: org.bluez.Error.Failed
I haven't been able to figure out what is the issue so i'll be thankful for any help.

Regards,
Valery
Hi vels,

1. I need to look at the log of ble_mesh_node.

2. Have you tried two Meshctl to work properly, one as a provisioner and one as a node?

Wangcheng

Postby Wangcheng » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:19 pm

Benbu2018 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:29 am
Thank you for the extra information!
The message sent by the fast provision server chip is for ESP_BLE_MESH_VND_MODEL_OP_FAST_PROV_NODE_ADDR_STATUS. If I only use two ESP32, the buf will only contain the opcode. and the client side will show an error. I have to use 3 ESP32. Two for fast provision server, one for fast provision client. And the third chip must be provisioned by the second fast provision client before provisioned by the primary provisioner.
Is there a way to reduce the op->min_len for this message to zero?
Is there a way to control which provisioner to accept the device?
Hi Benbu,

For question 1, you should modify the structure of the opcode that defines the vender model. Esp_ble_mesh_model_op_t fast_prov_srv_op[]

For question 2, you can use the group address for the implementation, the provisioner subscribes to the address, and node publish the message to that address.

Wangcheng

Postby Wangcheng » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:22 pm

jerome wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:12 pm
Dear All
I'm planning to use BLE mesh to send/receive custom customs buffers (max 64 bytes each) to/from a mobile app (provisionner) to multiple devices (ESP32) provisioned from the mobile app.
I'm new to mesh and cannot find any suitable model to send/receive customs buffers.
Anybody here could point me to the correct Mesh model to start with (so I can customize to send/receive buffers) ?
Thanks
Jerome
Hi jerome ,

1. You can learn the specific operations related to the vender model.
2. For specific usage, you can refer to the ble_mesh_fast_prov_server demo.In this demo, the information synchronization of the nodes in the network is implemented by the vender model.

anandgk

Postby anandgk » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:11 am

Hi,
Can I use a Proteus emulator and run ESP BLE Mesh examples ??

Thanks and regards
Anand

Wangcheng

Postby Wangcheng » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:10 am

anandgk wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:11 am
Hi,
Can I use a Proteus emulator and run ESP BLE Mesh examples ??

Thanks and regards
Anand
Hi anandgk ,

You need to buy hardware ( ESP32 ) and refer to the get_start documentation.