Support for BLE Object transfer service (OTS)

gibson12345

Support for BLE Object transfer service (OTS)

Postby gibson12345 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:18 am

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to wrap my head around how to use the OTS that is listed as one of the included services by the BT SIG. I've managed to define the service and all the characteristics associated with it and am able to read and write to them based on their properties but in the specification for the OTS the actual object data gets sent over the "object transfer channel" not an actual characteristic. I haven't seen anything relating to OTS in the IDF but I'm wondering if it's even possible to access this "object transfer channel" with the current support. Is it even possible to access this data currently or am I missing how I would open this channel?

Cheers,
Gibson

gibson12345

Re: Support for BLE Object transfer service (OTS)

Postby gibson12345 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:54 am

Hey,

After some further digging maybe I am sending myself in a loop but I believe OTS uses credit based flow control to send data over L2CAP so would that data just come through from a ESP_GATTS_WRITE_EVT in the parameter? or would I have to access lower levels of the API to open this channel and access it?

Cheers,
Gibson

gibson12345

Postby gibson12345 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:04 am

Bump!

Is there any way to open an L2cap channel to receive information? Or would that be handled by the stack and come through after an event or something?

EDIT: Looking into the l2c_api.c I believe it's possible for sure I'm just lacking in understand is there an expert at espressif I could potentially chat to try gain some understanding of how to use your api's to effectively create support for OTS?

Prasad

Postby Prasad » Sat May 15, 2021 7:53 pm

Hello Gibson,

I'm just wondering if you got any further with regards to opening L2CAP channel to receive data? It seems like there is very little to no information within Espressif ecosystem. Try searching L2CAP in forum search and the server returns 500 error :D

Best Regards,
Prasad.