ESP-IDF v3.3 is a minor update for ESP-IDF v3.2.x. Release v3.3 is compatible with apps written for ESP-IDF v3.x, but features in v3.3 may not be available in earlier versions.
Version 3.3 is the first ESP-IDF Long Term Support release. ESP-IDF v3.3.x will be supported for 2.5 years, until March 2022.
At time of writing this is the current stable release.
Major New Features
- New option to free approx 10KB of IRAM by moving some Wi-Fi functions to flash.
- Fixed Wi-Fi SoftAP mode multicast and broadcast saving and flushing when the associated stations enable 802.11 legacy power saving mode (called modem sleep in ESP32).
- New Wi-Fi Provisioning Manager
- New Efuse Manager component for working with Efuses
- New app rollback and secure anti-rollback features for OTA updates
- cmake: New support for adding IDF as libraries in a non-IDF CMake project, includes example projects
- Added official PPPoS support including cellular modem example