OpenOCD keep_alive() error

GerryTitan

OpenOCD keep_alive() error

Postby GerryTitan » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:50 pm

Hello,
I am trying to set up the debugging environment for ESP32 on command line, but I am having trouble when I launch GDB. I have followed the tutorials here and here for setting up OpenOCD. Connecting to OpenOCD seems to work okay. I am using the Attify Badge adapter for the JTAG interface. There is some information about the adapter here. They provide a configuration file which I am using, in addition to the esp-wroom-32 configuration file.

Basically, after running OpenOCD, I try to launch a GDB session using the default gdbinit file that is recommended in the docs. However, when I try to launch GDB, it seems there is a stall while the interface tries to connect to the ESP32. The exact message is shown below:

Code: Select all

Debug: 420 64821 log.c:409 keep_alive(): keep_alive() was not invoked in the 1000ms timelimit (1106). This may cause trouble with GDB connections.
This message repeats continuously until I eventually close the connection. I am really not sure what is going on here. I'll provide additional information below, as well as an output of OpenOCD.
  • ESP-IDF version v4.1-dev-474-g2e6398aff
  • OpenOCD version v0.10.0-esp32-20190708
  • ESP32 board: HelTec WiFi Kit 32 (also tried with ESP-WROOM-32)
  • Programmer board: Attify Badge
openocd_output.txt
(38.44 KiB) Downloaded 484 times