Bluetooth examples don't build after pulling latest from github

PaulELong

Bluetooth examples don't build after pulling latest from github

Postby PaulELong » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:30 pm

I'm trying to track down a bug in the ESP code, so first I wanted to see if it's addressed already so I pulled from master. After the pull, I'm no longer able to build my project. I tried building the hello_world from the examples, and that worked. However, the bluedroid/ble examples don't compile and get the same error: "..esp-idf/components/esp32/cpu_start.c:430: undefined reference to `coex_pre_init'.

I reran the install.ps1 and exports.ps1 before building. I also did a idf.py fullclean which didn't help. I also ran menuconfig, though didn't make any changes, and that didn't help either.

Can you help me fix my build?

Thanks -Paul

Here is the output from building gattc_muilti_connect:

Code: Select all

PS> idf.py build
Executing action: all (aliases: build)
Running ninja in directory e:\users\paul\documents\src\esp-idf\examples\bluetooth\bluedroid\ble\gattc_multi_connect\build
Executing "ninja all"...
[1/5] Performing build step for 'bootloader'
ninja: no work to do.
[2/3] Linking CXX executable gatt_multi_connect.elf
FAILED: gatt_multi_connect.elf
cmd.exe /C "cd . && E:\users\Paul\.espressif\tools\xtensa-esp32-elf\esp32-2019r1-8.2.0\xtensa-esp32-elf\bin\xtensa-esp32-elf-g++.exe  -mlongcalls -Wno-frame-address   @CMakeFiles\gatt_multi_connect.elf.rsp  -o gatt_multi_connect.elf  && cd ."
e:/users/paul/.espressif/tools/xtensa-esp32-elf/esp32-2019r1-8.2.0/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-esp32-elf/8.2.0/../../../../xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/ld.exe: esp-idf/esp32/libesp32.a(cpu_start.c.obj):(.iram1.26.literal+0xac): undefined reference to `coex_pre_init'
e:/users/paul/.espressif/tools/xtensa-esp32-elf/esp32-2019r1-8.2.0/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-esp32-elf/8.2.0/../../../../xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/ld.exe: esp-idf/esp32/libesp32.a(cpu_start.c.obj): in function `start_cpu0_default':
E:/users/Paul/Documents/src/esp-idf/components/esp32/cpu_start.c:430: undefined reference to `coex_pre_init'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
ninja failed with exit code 1

PaulELong

Re: Bluetooth examples don't build after pulling latest from github

Postby PaulELong » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:02 pm

I fixed the issue wiping out the esp-idf directory by redoing all the steps again. Not sure what happened, but it's working now.