unknown type name 'ip4_addr_t' and ip6_addr_t

andrew1226

unknown type name 'ip4_addr_t' and ip6_addr_t

Postby andrew1226 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:52 am

Hi all, i'm trying upgrade my exisiting firmware from esp-idf v3 to esp-idf. After that i encounter following error, Can anyone advise on it?. Thanks in advance. :)

ESP_Angus

Re: unknown type name 'ip4_addr_t' and ip6_addr_t

Postby ESP_Angus » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:36 pm

Hi Andrew,

Do you get a similar error when building your project, or only in the IDE editor window? If there's a build time error (shown in the Console log when you choose Build), could you please share that as well? It's possible for Eclipse editor to show "Errors" due to failure to resolve paths, even though the build itself completes without errors.

What build system are you using with your ESP-IDF project, the new CMake or the legacy GNU Make that was also used in IDF v3.x? Are you using the new Eclipse Plugin for IDF v4, or IDF v3.x method of Eclipse integration?

Angus

andrew1226

Postby andrew1226 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:51 am

Hi Angus,

I get similar error when i build my project using esp-idf v4 idf.py. For the build system i using new Eclipse Plugin for IDF v4 for eclipse IDE and idf.py, both result is the same.

Looking forward for your prompt reply. Thanks.

ESP_Angus

Postby ESP_Angus » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:52 am

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the extra details.

I'm not sure how to explain this problem. If you look at the top of the lwip/src/include/lwip/ip_addr.h file (as shown in the first screenshot), you should see that it includes ip6_addr.h in the same directory and this header defines the ip6_addr_t type. Unless some of the IDF source files are missing (or submodule versions are wrong), or there is another "lwip/ip6_addr.h" file defined in the project source tree then I'm unsure what would cause this error, and not a failure to include the header.

If you run "git status" in the IDF_PATH directory, does it show any uncommitted changes in the IDF directory?

Angus

andrew1226

Postby andrew1226 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:07 am

Hi Angus,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

IDF source files does not have any uncommitted changes and in my project file which include idf only have one ip4_addr.h file.