Why do I suddenly get CDT Core Builder error when trying to build ESP-IDF project in Eclipse CDT ?

salocinx

Why do I suddenly get CDT Core Builder error when trying to build ESP-IDF project in Eclipse CDT ?

Postby salocinx » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:33 pm

Hi

I am in the process to install and configure the ESP-IDF toolchain and libraries to develop the ESP32 microcontroller using the Wrover development board. I am using Xubuntu 18.04 and have done the following steps:

- Gone through all steps of the "Getting Started Guide" and installed ESP-IDF and toolchain
- Installed Eclipse CDT 2019.12 and the IDF Eclipse Plugin according to this guide
- Gone through the debugging installation instructions
- Finally configured GDB Hardware Debugging in Eclipse CDT according to these instructions

This was a long way and I was very happy first, since everything worked fine; from building to debugging and stepping through the code.

I cannot remember what I did next, but suddenly I got the following error in Eclipse CDT when trying to build one of the example projects (like the blink or hello-world examples):

The last thing I remember to have edited before I got this error were the following two lines in ~/.profile:

Code: Select all

export IDF_PATH="/home/nicolas/Workspace/Eclipse/CDT/esp-idf"
. $IDF_PATH/export.sh

Any idea what my setup have might screwed up?

Let me know if you need more information to help me out. I am really looking forward to get my hands dirty with ESP-IDF, but it currently won't let me to do so...

prvermas

Re: Why do I suddenly get CDT Core Builder error when trying to build ESP-IDF project in Eclipse CDT ?

Postby prvermas » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:07 pm

Was there any solution for this problem reported earlier.
I have installed the eclipse environment from scratch as per the procedure, created an example project from the template & compilation results exactly in the same error

"Errors occurred during the build.
Errors running builder 'CDT Core Builder' on project 'test'.
org/eclipse/cdt/utils/Platform"

Lenin B

Re: Why do I suddenly get CDT Core Builder error when trying to build ESP-IDF project in Eclipse CDT ?

Postby Lenin B » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:11 am

I am also facing the same issue :?:
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (89.3 KiB) Viewed 7359 times

technosf

Postby technosf » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:41 am

Just started happening to me after an Eclipse update.

Tried reinstalling (everything :cry: ), and using a new workspace, but no joy except for the first build - and then fail after that.

Code: Select all

Errors occurred during the build.
Errors running builder 'CDT Core Builder' on project 'X'.
org/eclipse/cdt/utils/Platform

Builds fine from the command line.

Very frustrating!

brazoayeye

Postby brazoayeye » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:20 pm

Same problem here, after an eclipse update and an update of idf.

Is there a solution? I also tried to switch workplace, reinstalling plugin and tools but nothing helped

prvermas

Postby prvermas » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:28 pm

I switched back to previous version of eclipse (2020-06) & was able to compile.
-Pradeep