How to specify path for partition table

bluefarmer

How to specify path for partition table

Postby bluefarmer » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:36 pm

Hi,

I've got a custom partition table that has some differences from the default single app one.
I've indicated that I'm using a custom partition table in the menuconfig and left the filename as "partitions.csv".
For now I've put the file in the project root but ideally I'd put it somewhere else.

When I run idf.py app from the root folder it tells me it can't find "partitions.csv".

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/bla/bla/myproject/esp-idf/components/partition_table/parttool.py", line 346, in <module>
    main()
  File "/Users/bla/bla/myproject/esp-idf/components/partition_table/parttool.py", line 315, in main
    target = ParttoolTarget(**target_args)
  File "/Users/bla/bla/myproject/esp-idf/components/partition_table/parttool.py", line 97, in __init__
    with open(partition_table_file, "rb") as f:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'partitions.csv'
With the help of some print statement in the python file it seems the default path it's looking at is the build folder. However, the build folder is not a stable location and it's not a place you'd normally commit to the repo. It'd be great if there was some way to specify the path for the CSV file as well as the filename. I'm using a CMake approach so something like "PARTITIONS" in the below snippet would be great for me.

Code: Select all

idf_build_process(esp32
        SDKCONFIG ${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/sdkconfig
        BUILD_DIR ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR})

If this is already possible and I've missed it than please let me know.

Many thanks

mogens

Re: How to specify path for partition table

Postby mogens » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:23 am

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem. Was any solution found?

I'm using pure cmake and is compiling the sdk as library. I have tried setting PARTITION_TABLE_CSV_PATH in my top project cmake file without success.

Any suggestions to this?

Thanks,
Mogens