Eclipse Help

red_1234

Eclipse Help

Postby red_1234 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:53 pm

Hi i am new to this so am learning as i go, so this problem may be a stupid fix.
So i followed the exact instructions on the esp-idf to set up eclipse and something isnt working. When i try to build it come up with 2 errors.

Description Resource Path Location Type
make: *** No rule to make target '/home/red1/esp/make/project.mk'. Stop. myapp C/C++ Problem

I know this error has something to do with the builder settings, for the build command i put make?? dont think thats right??

Description Resource Path Location Type
Program "xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc" not found in PATH myapp Project Properties, C++ Preprocessor Include.../Providers, [CDT Cross GCC Built-in Compiler Settings] options C/C++ Scanner Discovery Problem

im pretty sure it may have something to do with the Environment variables for PATH i wrote, im sure this wrong

/bin:/home/red1/bin:/home/red1/.local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin/xtensa-esp-elf/bin

i changed this to

/bin:/home/red1/bin:/home/red1/.local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin/bin:/home/red1/workspace/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin

it got rid of one of the errors, is it right???
I am kind of testing as i type this haha.

And for IDF_PATH i wrote the location of the esp-idf

/home/red1/esp

please help thank you

kolban

Re: Eclipse Help

Postby kolban » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:09 am

The error message reported would be consistent with the IDF_PATH environment variable not being set. What do you get if you run:

$ ls $IDF_PATH
Free book on ESP32 available here: https://leanpub.com/kolban-ESP32

red_1234

Re: Eclipse Help

Postby red_1234 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:27 pm

You were right it was to do with the path
Got it working it now builds without any errors.
When defining the IDF_PATH within eclipse i changed it from /home/red1/esp (The location of the esp-idf)
to /home/red1/esp/esp-idf
Thanks for you help, simple mistake haha. Been reading your book last night between studying and it is really good, just like to say thanks.