Fall back from Smartconfig to normal provisioning

szucsi23

Fall back from Smartconfig to normal provisioning

Postby szucsi23 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:36 am

Hello there!
I'm using esp-idf(v4.2) for my project and until now I've used the softAP provisioning for my LyraT boards, but recently I implemented the smartconfig to my mobile app, so I'm switching to that on the board as well.

My problem is, that sometimes the mobile app doesn't load the wifi credentials automatically, and I fear, that the average user doesn't know how to get the BSSID of the router, so manually typing it in is not really an option.

I have two questions in this regard:
1- Is the BSSID really necessary, or would the smartconfig reliably work without it, only using the SSID and password?
2- I want to implement some kind of fallback, to the softAP provisioning, if the smartconfig didn't work. Do you have something lile this, or do you have a suggested method?

Thanks in advance!

MhdKarro

Re: Fall back from Smartconfig to normal provisioning

Postby MhdKarro » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:16 pm

I have the same problem as you. have you found any solutions? I will be grateful if I could use SmartConfig without having to provide BSSID :D

MhdKarro

Re: Fall back from Smartconfig to normal provisioning

Postby MhdKarro » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:00 pm

Just tinkered my code now (I am writing a Xamarin.Forms app to communicate with my ESP32 device and I am using a library called EspTouchBinding-Xamarin-iOS-Droid which implements SmartConfig). If I pass "00:00:00:00:00:00" as an argument for the BSSID, my ESP32 still connects to the router successfully. But I am not sure yet if this is a good solution.