ESP-MESH creating orphaned network segments

Snedig

ESP-MESH creating orphaned network segments

Postby Snedig » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:49 am

Hi,

I am using ESP WIFI MESH for an autonomous system with 83 nodes. I do not have physical access to the system, but I have made an OTA function that works fairly well, so I am able to remotely update the software.

The network is set up with a fixed root and no router, and is using self organized.

I am having the problem that on this network, several segments have formed that falsely report that they have a connection to the root. This is causing the nodes to often connect to an orphaned network segment, which keeps them from reporting through the root which has a 4G modem.

I have tried keeping the nodes from disconnecting the mesh (the nodes turn off the mesh once they have synchronized with the root device), and this has made the correct network take over some nodes, but there seem to be several orphaned sections, so most of the nodes (around 60-70 of them) seem to prefer to connect to the orphaned segments.

Any ideas to make the orphaned nodes reconnect to the correct network? And what could cause this behaviour?

Best regards,
Preben