ESPUSB32 Full-speed USB Approach

cnlohr

Re: ESPUSB32 Full-speed USB Approach

Postby cnlohr » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:44 am

If you pass that 3 I2S engines on, it would also be super cool if one or a few of them could exceed the 80 MHz barrier. Seems like nothing I can do can do that. Not that there's any /real/ use for it, but you can do some fun/wacky stuff if that becomes possible, especially if the apll is going to have all of its terms. Think NTSC Broadcast + Audio :-p

(kind of kidding)

nicolas

Postby nicolas » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:06 am

Thanks for your consideration Sprite, and we know that cnlohr is not kidding at all : he just needs another carrier for TV transmission (or GSM, GPS, fibre channel, VR lighthouses or whatever) so while you're at it, for the same price, make it 10 x I2S, please ! with dedicated CPU cores, and a reconfigurable matrix of many high-speed DACs so he can stop jamming his neighbourhood with nasty harmonics ! :D

amoose136

Postby amoose136 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Was any more progress made on this? If it's possible to make the esp32 software emulate mass storage I am very interested although I suspect additional hardware will be necessary.

beni0664

Postby beni0664 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:54 am

@ESP_Sprite

Did you have any success on an RMT implementation / proof-of-concept :-)?

If it is possible, could you share your code anyway? I'm looking forward to fiddle around with USB ^^

Deouss

Postby Deouss » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:22 pm

Hi, I stumbled across this thread because it is very interesting. I am planning a project involving classic USB devices that will be connected to embedded system and also use mcu as usb device connecting to PC and exchanging data.
I wonder how fast 2K/4K cameras are connected via usb and what controls the host-client transfer.
I'd say solution would be some kind of mapping external memory to mcu and just read/write to it without any significant latencies.
This is kind of similar problem if you want to connect f.ex laptop retina panel to mcu board.
It was done with success but it is almost like hacking the higher lcd technology.
As for USB that must be done I guess on much lower level using differential transmission pair for data with best transfer scenario as described here http://www.beyondlogic.org/usbnutshell/usb4.shtml
Im just starting this journey but Im sure there are more advanced people who could help here.
Cheers ;)

rudi ;-)

Postby rudi ;-) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:29 pm

cnlohr wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:44 am
If you pass that 3 I2S engines on, it would also be super cool if one or a few of them could exceed the 80 MHz barrier. Seems like nothing I can do can do that. Not that there's any /real/ use for it, but you can do some fun/wacky stuff if that becomes possible, especially if the apll is going to have all of its terms. Think NTSC Broadcast + Audio :-p

(kind of kidding)

are 600 MHz not enough ? ( I2S using apll=yes )
(kind of sincerity)

:D

you can do VGA mode with it example at 580 MHz :)

for your reference for free using ( no esp32lib like the vga mode ) :
esp32-apll-calc_i2s_using_apll.jpg
esp32-apll-calc_i2s_using_apll.jpg (149.04 KiB) Viewed 7883 times
esp32-apll-calc_i2s_using_apll_2.png
esp32-apll-calc_i2s_using_apll_2.png (52 KiB) Viewed 7883 times
hope this helps for your to do some fun/wacky stuff
:mrgreen:

best wishes
rudi ;-)
-------------------------------------
love it, change it or leave it.
-------------------------------------