Access to 2 (or more) flash data partition concurrently... Some restriction?

rayf15

Access to 2 (or more) flash data partition concurrently... Some restriction?

Postby rayf15 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:25 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm using an old esp-idf version 3.1.7 (I know, it is quite old but fine trimmed for my purposes...) for a commercial product.
I partitioned the 8MB SPI flash of WROOM32 in order to have: 1 usual NVS partition to store parameters and 2 LittleFS partitions for various log data and configuration.
My question is: should I have to protect every access to flash partitions with a common shared mutex ?
So far, I used three mutexes, one of them for each partition but I'm not sure if this could be totally right...
Very rarely I got the Littlefs filesystems corrupted or inconsistent (with assert() generated internally) so I wonder if a single mutex could solve this issue...

Thank you for any hint!

rayf15

rayf15

Re: Access to 2 (or more) flash data partition concurrently... Some restriction?

Postby rayf15 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:27 am

Just to better explain my previous message:
At application level I use a mutex to control/sequence accesses to each single partition.
Let's suppose that two different tasks want to append at the same time some data to two different files, one of them located in LittleFS partition A and the other one stored in LittleFS partition B respectively... My mutexes solve only contention regarding single partition...
Is it correct? Does VFS mechanism inside esp-idf take care of these situations?

Thank you for any clue!

rayf15