Errors building example code "Hello_World" and "Blink" using Eclipse

PSTechPaul

Errors building example code "Hello_World" and "Blink" using Eclipse

Postby PSTechPaul » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:18 pm

I have just received the ESP-32- S2 Dev Kit and I am trying to build and run the example projects "Hello_World" and "blink". I was able to set up the "blink" project which uses blink.c, but after it goes through 660 steps it fails as shown below.

[663/966] cmd.exe /C "cd /D C:\Users\paul\eclipse-workspace\blink1\build\esp-idf\mbedtls && python C:/Users/Public/Desktop/esp-idf-2/components/mbedtls/esp_crt_bundle/gen_crt_bundle.py --input C:/Users/Public/Desktop/esp-idf-2/components/mbedtls/esp_crt_bundle/cacrt_all.pem -q"
FAILED: esp-idf/mbedtls/x509_crt_bundle
cmd.exe /C "cd /D C:\Users\paul\eclipse-workspace\blink1\build\esp-idf\mbedtls && python C:/Users/Public/Desktop/esp-idf-2/components/mbedtls/esp_crt_bundle/gen_crt_bundle.py --input C:/Users/Public/Desktop/esp-idf-2/components/mbedtls/esp_crt_bundle/cacrt_all.pem -q"
gen_crt_bundle.py: Invalid certificate in C:/Users/Public/Desktop/esp-idf-2/components/mbedtls/esp_crt_bundle/cacrt_all.pem
Invalid certificate
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
Build complete (0 errors, 0 warnings): C:\Users\paul\eclipse-workspace\blink1\build
Total time taken to build the project: 583,249 ms

I'm not familiar with Eclipse and I am also new to the ESP32 modules, so I am probably doing something wrong. When I installed the IDE it gave me a choice of command line, power shell, (which were checked), and Eclipse. I unchecked the others and checked Eclipse, thinking it might be easier to use, but it seems difficult, and took almost ten minutes to fail on step 663. I looked at the installation log and the esp plug-ins did not have a date of signing for the certificates.

When I tried the "hello_world" project, it threw an exception, and also asked for a COM port, but I don't know where to add it.

The module enumerates as COM3 with a CP2103 USART bridge.
===============================================================
[edit] I joined a couple days ago and posted this, but my post seems to be stuck in moderation, or it disappeared.

Since then I was able to connect with the S2 development board using TeraTerm, and it sends some text and runs a program that blinks the RGB LED in a sequence of colors. I have given up on Eclipse for now, and will try the command line and power shell interface as shown in the user guide.

ESP_Minatel

Re: Errors building example code "Hello_World" and "Blink" using Eclipse

Postby ESP_Minatel » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:33 am

Hi,

Sorry for the late response. Are you still having issues building?

dannyrubin

Re: Errors building example code "Hello_World" and "Blink" using Eclipse

Postby dannyrubin » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:05 pm

I found this post searching to resolve exactly the same problem. I didn't see a solution posted anywhere. Did anyone ever resolve this?