ESP Now + ESP Wifi + ESP Mesh -> Is it possible?

Magnetuz

ESP Now + ESP Wifi + ESP Mesh -> Is it possible?

Postby Magnetuz » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:03 am

Hello everybody!

I am trying the following setup: I have a mesh + wifi running in a group of ESP32 devices. It works properly. I want to debug and trace what is happening in the devices, so I setup up an esp-now configuration to send the logs to an outsider esp32 device that just prints them in a serial port (whatever it receives). When the mesh is running and the wifi is "offline" (no router), the esp-now msgs are sent normally from all the nodes + root. As soon as the wifi goes "online" (router in on), the root stops sending the esp-now messages (even though esp_now_send returns ESP_OK).

Is it possible to use Wifi + Now + Mesh simultaneously?

My project is basically a merge from [https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/t ... fi/espnow] + [https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/t ... unication], with modifications to tx/rx properly my data.

I am using the esp-idf v4.3.1

I've already checked many other pages with different possible solutions that didn't work for me, as below:
- Esp-now and Wifi in the same channel;
- Disable power saving (esp_wifi_set_ps(WIFI_PS_NONE));
- Enable both softAP + STA;

Thanks in advance for any help

kalmesh_S

Re: ESP Now + ESP Wifi + ESP Mesh -> Is it possible?

Postby kalmesh_S » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:53 pm

Magnetuz wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:03 am
Hello everybody!

I am trying the following setup: I have a mesh + wifi running in a group of ESP32 devices. It works properly. I want to debug and trace what is happening in the devices, so I setup up an esp-now configuration to send the logs to an outsider esp32 device that just prints them in a serial port (whatever it receives). When the mesh is running and the wifi is "offline" (no router), the esp-now msgs are sent normally from all the nodes + root. As soon as the wifi goes "online" (router in on), the root stops sending the esp-now messages (even though esp_now_send returns ESP_OK).

Is it possible to use Wifi + Now + Mesh simultaneously?

My project is basically a merge from [https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/t ... fi/espnow] + [https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/t ... unication], with modifications to tx/rx properly my data.

I am using the esp-idf v4.3.1

I've already checked many other pages with different possible solutions that didn't work for me, as below:
- Esp-now and Wifi in the same channel;
- Disable power saving (esp_wifi_set_ps(WIFI_PS_NONE));
- Enable both softAP + STA;

Thanks in advance for any help

Hey hi is your softAP is getting connected to wifi(router) or any smartphones..?? If you getting connected means can you help me out please.. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Magnetuz

Postby Magnetuz » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:36 am

Hi kalmesh_S.

I am using the STA to connect to the router. What is your issue?

kalmesh_S

Postby kalmesh_S » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:41 am

Hi

I'm trying to connect my smartphone and some other wifi devices to esp32 in AP mode which is there in example/wifi/getting_started/softAP because whenever i try to connect means it is not getting connected

can i get any help from your side

thanks in advance
Last edited by kalmesh_S on Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Magnetuz

Postby Magnetuz » Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:16 am

Sorry, but this issue is not related to this post. As a small help, your problem seems a wrong/incomplete initialization. You should check if you are properly enabling the softAP mode and initializing/configuring the softAP interface, including the wifi configuration and DHCP server. You could go for the IDF/MDF examples and compare to your code.