Using frameworks/esp-idf-master

davidbetz

Using frameworks/esp-idf-master

Postby davidbetz » Tue May 17, 2022 7:21 pm

I installed IDF v4.4.1 and it seems to work fine. However, I'd like to try the new cdc_acm_vcp example and it seems only to be available in the master branch. So I installed the master branch on top of my existing IDF installation and now I have a frameworks/esp-idf-master folder but when I try to build using this version I get an error saying:

'cmake' must be available on the PATH to use idf.py

The v4.4.1 build works so it seems like cmake must be installed but the master build can't find it. Any idea what might be going wrong? I even tried removing my entire IDF installation and just installing the master branch and that gave the same error.

davidbetz

Re: Using frameworks/esp-idf-master

Postby davidbetz » Tue May 17, 2022 7:40 pm

I think I see the problem. The tools never got setup when I selected the master branch. Selecting it from the Windows start menu produces this error output. Also, I get a popup complaining about not being able to find the python38 dll.

Setting PYTHONNOUSERSITE, was not set
Using Python in C:\Espressif\python_env\idf5.0_py3.8_env\Scripts\
Python 3.8.7
Using Git in C:\Espressif\tools\idf-git\2.34.2\cmd\
git version 2.34.1.windows.1
Checking Python compatibility
Setting IDF_PATH: C:\Espressif\frameworks\esp-idf-master

Adding ESP-IDF tools to PATH...
WARNING: tool riscv32-esp-elf-gdb version 11.1_20220318 is installed, but has reported version unknown
ERROR: tool riscv32-esp-elf-gdb has no installed versions. Please run 'C:\Espressif\frameworks\esp-idf-master\install.bat' to install it.

ESP_Roland

Re: Using frameworks/esp-idf-master

Postby ESP_Roland » Wed May 18, 2022 6:54 am

Hi,

please follow https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/issues/8965 to get notified when this gets fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.