a2dp_sink demo gives Fatal Error: no such file or directory

Shankiz

a2dp_sink demo gives Fatal Error: no such file or directory

Postby Shankiz » Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:56 pm

Hello. I am extremely new to coding microcontrollers, so any help is appreciated. I have an ESP32-C3-DevKitM-1 board and am attempting to flash the a2dp_sink example project onto it. The build keeps failing with error :

C:/Users/henry/eclipse-workspace/a2dp_sink/main/bt_app_core.c:10:10: fatal error: freertos/xtensa_api.h: No such file or directory
10 | #include "freertos/xtensa_api.h"
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am running Eclipse IDE v 2022-06 (4.24.0) on Windows 11. I have uninstalled and reinstalled essentially every version of ESP_IDF and toolchain available, both through the Eclipse integration and manual install. Several other example projects have successfully flashed to my chip, but none of them seem to include any xtensa libraries.

Upon some digging, I was able to find a freertos/xtensa_api.h file located in the Arduino IDE files rather than Eclipse (Arduino does not support the c3 so I had to switch). The Arduino file simply calls #include <xtensa/xtensa_api.h> and contains a comment saying that the header is outdated and has been moved. However, simply changing the code line from #include freertos/xtensa_api.h to #include xtensa/xtensa_api.h still throws the same error, just with the different name. I've also tried adding random things like include xtensa.h and include xtensa/xtensa.h , but these are just random guesses. I have no idea if those are even real header files, as I haven't been able to find any relevant documentation or example code yet. My research has not been fruitful, any help would be appreciated.

Shankiz

Re: a2dp_sink demo gives Fatal Error: no such file or directory

Postby Shankiz » Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:43 pm

Resolved the issue. The problem was that I had bought the wrong hardware for the application. The c3 doesn't have support for classic bluetooth, only bluetooth low-energy. ESP32c3 being marketed as having Bluetooth 5 was confusing. Attempting to run code for bluetooth classic on a c3 will not work, but the code compiles just fine on a normal ESP32. Simply needed to buy the different board.