Bluetooth support for ESP32 IDF 2.0 Release

Ritesh

Re: Bluetooth support for ESP32 IDF 2.0 Release

Postby Ritesh » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:00 am

ESP_Angus wrote:Hi Ritesh,

At minimum, we strongly recommend updating to the V2.1.1 release when it becomes available. This is a point release to V2.0 so it is mostly backwards compatible. There is a small list of incompatible changes here:
https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/releases/tag/v2.1

You can get the updated 2.1 branch which will become V2.1.1 here:
https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/tree/release/v2.1

(You can update to this branch now, and then update to the V2.1.1 release when it becomes available shortly - the additional changes will be minor.)

There are a number of important fixes in the release/v2.1 branch for V2.1.1, including Bluetooth security fixes (a "BlueBorne" vulnerability ​CVE-2017-0785) and WiFi security fixes ("KRACK" aka CERT VU#228519).

These point releases are the supported way to update V2.0 to get bug fixes, without requiring major changes to your firmware.

If you find that V2.1.1 does not contain enough Bluetooth functionality for your project requirements, you can look at updating all the way to V3.0 when it is available.
Hi,

Thanks for update.

Do you have any idea or any tentative schedule regarding when ESP32 IDF 3.0 SDK will be released?
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:27 am

Hi Espressif System Developers,

Do you have any update regarding ESP32 IDF 3.0 Release Plan and it's details? Because we are waiting for that release since last 2 weeks but not found any update regarding that.

Please check with ESP32 SDK Developer Team and get back to me as quickly as possible.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

eldadwasserman

Postby eldadwasserman » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:22 pm

Hi Friends...

I need a simple classic bluetooth communication NOT BLE.
is anyone can send me a link to an existing working example ?

Thanks

Eldad