eclipse path not consistent

pkosek

eclipse path not consistent

Postby pkosek » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:06 am

I have attempted to install 5.2.1 via eclipse, and the install of the 'tools' fails.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Espressif_Eclipse\esp-idf-v5.2.1\tools\idf_tools.py", line 2806, in <module>
main(sys.argv[1:])
File "C:\Espressif_Eclipse\esp-idf-v5.2.1\tools\idf_tools.py", line 2798, in main
action_func(args)
File "C:\Espressif_Eclipse\esp-idf-v5.2.1\tools\idf_tools.py", line 1796, in action_export
tools_info = load_tools_info()
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "C:\Espressif_Eclipse\esp-idf-v5.2.1\tools\idf_tools.py", line 1340, in load_tools_info
with open(tool_versions_file_name, 'r') as f: # type: ignore
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Espressif\\frameworks\\v5.1.2\\esp-idf\\tools/tools.json'

Please note:

Eclipse is searching in the OLD idf directory (v5.1.2), not the new one, and I am not able to find a way to change its behavior.

The old IDF PATH is not in the system PATH. The on-line instructions tell me to 'open system settings' to configure application path variables, but that is a moot instruction, as I am unable to figure out how to do that. In any case, the instructions tell me that this application PATH will be set by running the command that fails.

It seems that when I start another build system, like VS Code, then Eclipse fails.

I appreciate any insight that you can provide.

Peter