Virtual File System and "directory listing"

ESP_igrr

Re: Virtual File System and "directory listing"

Postby ESP_igrr » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:34 pm

If I have a use case for only one file system and want to mount it at "/" then it would then seem to be desirable to be able to perform a directory listing at "/".
That should work currently, because this falls into the "listing for paths which match one of the registered filesystems" case.

However if you register a file system with "/sdcard" prefix, and try to perform opendir("/"), that will not work, in the sense that it will not list "sdcard" as a sub-directory.

mattb351

Re: Virtual File System and "directory listing"

Postby mattb351 » Tue May 25, 2021 2:25 am

Are there any functions that let me see what virtual file systems are mounted? I mounted spiffs on /spiffs and that works.
I have implemented ls, cat, pwd, df, cd, etc.
If I do an opendir("/spiffs") it returns a valid dir and I can use readdir_r to iterate though and list all the files. If I try to do opendir("/") it fails so it looks like there's no concept of a root directory in the vfs.

What I want to do is make a vfs and mount it on "/". When opendir is called I can catch it in my vfs functions and make the readdir_r work. This is why I thought there may be functions to find out what is mounted. If not I can find the code and modify it but we're trying to use standard esp base code and not have to check in changes to the esp libraries.