'Relocation truncated to fit' error when moving adc_channel to bss section in ulp_adc_example

maciej

'Relocation truncated to fit' error when moving adc_channel to bss section in ulp_adc_example

Postby maciej » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:07 pm

Hi,
I would like to control adc channel used in ULP program same as thresholds in ulp_adc_example.

I moved

Code: Select all

/* ADC1 channel 6, GPIO34 */
	.set adc_channel, 6
to

.bss
	.global adc_channel
adc_channel: 
	.long 0
and use adc_channel as adc param

adc r1, 0, adc_channel + 1
This change introduce compile error:

(.text+0x18): relocation truncated to fit: R_ESP32ULP_ADC_MUX against symbol `adc_channel' defined in .bss section in adc.ulp.o
Please help :)

ESP_igrr

Re: 'Relocation truncated to fit' error when moving adc_channel to bss section in ulp_adc_example

Postby ESP_igrr » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:55 am

The third argument to the ADC instruction has to be a literal value, not a pointer or a register.

adc r1, 0, adc_channel + 1 means that you are doing ADC conversion with the ADC channel number set to the address of 'adc_channel' variable, which is probably not what you want.

maciej

Re: 'Relocation truncated to fit' error when moving adc_channel to bss section in ulp_adc_example

Postby maciej » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:11 pm

ESP_igrr wrote:The third argument to the ADC instruction has to be a literal value, not a pointer or a register.

adc r1, 0, adc_channel + 1 means that you are doing ADC conversion with the ADC channel number set to the address of 'adc_channel' variable, which is probably not what you want.
Thank you for your reply. So can I, in some way, control in main program ADC channel used in ULP program?