ESP32 Flash Download Tool

FCT_IOT

ESP32 Flash Download Tool

Postby FCT_IOT » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:52 am

Dear All,

I would like to know the sequence of backend commands that run when we press the Start button in the ESP Flash download tool. I am planning to upgrade the firmware of the ESP-WROOM-32D Module using the passthrough method as shown in the attached image. To do that i need to write a firmware in the MCU which will incorporate the appropriate command sequence to pass through the firmware sent from the ESP Flash download tool.

Request you to provide some information regarding the commands and if anyone has tried this implementation, request you to provide some information regarding the bottlenecks faced in this implementation if any.

Thanks in advance
Attachments
Option-2.PNG
Option-2.PNG (19.46 KiB) Viewed 7081 times

WiFive

Re: ESP32 Flash Download Tool

Postby WiFive » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:37 pm

Why wouldn't you just use it as a transparent bridge and pass everything?

FCT_IOT

Postby FCT_IOT » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:14 pm

WiFive wrote:Why wouldn't you just use it as a transparent bridge and pass everything?
Dear @WiFive,

I would like to use it as a transparent bridge and pass everything. But dont we need to implement a logic in the MCU Firmware to Pass through, which will need to know the task it has to perform to sync with the commands executed by the Flash download tool after the Start button is pressed.

Thank you

WiFive

Postby WiFive » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:02 pm

Read up on how the dev boards use a dumb usb-uart chip with transistor circuit to put chip in download mode and then decide how you want to do it.

FCT_IOT

Postby FCT_IOT » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:53 am

WiFive wrote:Read up on how the dev boards use a dumb usb-uart chip with transistor circuit to put chip in download mode and then decide how you want to do it.
Dear @WiFive,

Thank you for your inputs.

Regards,
Subbash