File Transfer over AP interface is suddenly stopped in between

Ritesh

File Transfer over AP interface is suddenly stopped in between

Postby Ritesh » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:20 pm

Hi,

We are using ESP-WROOM-32 module and ESP32 IDF 2.1 for our application development purpose.

Our device will be operating mostly into AP mode and we had created one mobile Android application to operate it as per product requirement.

So, We had adopted nghttpd library and created REST interface based application in which we are sending one file whose size is almost 900 KBytes.

So, Sometimes that file is transferred successfully without any issue but sometimes it stuck in between without any error and even AP is alive with connected device and we can not perform firmware update due to incomplete file transfer. Due to that firmware update gets failed and need to transfer file again to start firmware update again.

We suspect issue might be socket disconnected in-between or something like that issue occurred in this scenario.

Does anyone has faced this type of issue into ESP32 IDF 2.1? Or Let me know if it can be solved into ESP32 IDF 3.0 RC1. If it has been resolved into ESP32 IDF 3.0 RC1 then I need patch to resolve that issue.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

kolban

Re: File Transfer over AP interface is suddenly stopped in between

Postby kolban » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:52 pm

If I were in your place, I'd try compiling my application using ESP-IDF 3.x. If it then works, then that would point to the culprit being something fixed in a later IDF. If the problem does recur, then that might point to something wrong in the logic as a whole or maybe still in ESP-IDF that hasn't yet been fixed/resolved even in the latest ESP-IDF. I hear you saying that no errors are produced. So that then says that something has "stalled" ... given that data transmission is a game of two halves, we would then want to look and see if the client has stopped transmitting or the receiver has stopped receiving. If no new data is arriving, is the sender simply not sending more?

If things continue to be troublesome, you have to resort to a network trace to understand what is happening at the network level. I would use Wireshark for this.
Free book on ESP32 available here: https://leanpub.com/kolban-ESP32