Is anyone using MS Hyper-V and these tools?

debrucer

Is anyone using MS Hyper-V and these tools?

Postby debrucer » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:23 am

I am using Windows 10 and trying to install my ESP tools in a Hyper-V instance also running Windows 10 and I get the following error in response to my "make flash" command:

could not open port {!r}: {!r}".format(self.portstr, ctypes.WinError()))
serial.serialutil.SerialException: could not open port

The esp device is visible on the host OS as serial 6. It is not visible in the guest OS (the Hyper-V vm).

The tools and projects run from Ming in the Hyper-V vm. That leaves me with a slightly clunky excuse for a Linux file system, one that refers to things "differently" than windows. I have tried several device names, and also tried to connect serial 6 as a named pipe, specifying the host OS reference, but, that didn't work either.

It really wouldn't help to try to create the port this way if it didn't physically exist at the guest OS level... which it does not.

Addressing that, I seem to find that there is no way to do this pass-through. All of the examples that seem to address the issue, end up talking about disk devices... and while this has some form of disk, perhaps, it's not a disk.

How do I add the esp32 to my machine in such a way that I can use it (i.e., program it, etc.) in the guest OS of a Hyper-V vm?