BLE can't connect when WiFi STA connection is active

Milan991

BLE can't connect when WiFi STA connection is active

Postby Milan991 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:48 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm working on project that have both BLE and WiFi connection active in the same time.

When ESP is in STA mode and connected to my WiFi router (WiFi connection is always working fine), there is an issue with BLE connection. I can see BLE device but I can't connect to it. Every time I try connect I get "ESP_GATTS_DISCONNECT_EVT" log or connection just break without any log (error/warning/info) on ESP serial.
Interesting thing is that when ESP is not connected to WiFi router BLE connection is working great.

I've already tried solutions from viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3139 and viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6008.

With ESP-IDF master branch commit from beginning of May 2018. I didn't have this issue, but with newest one I have.

Thank you all for advises in advance.

ngonhatnhi94

Re: BLE can't connect when WiFi STA connection is active

Postby ngonhatnhi94 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:46 am

Hello , I also have the same problem with you and stuck in there .... hoping that someone please help us. thank you

Milan991

Re: BLE can't connect when WiFi STA connection is active

Postby Milan991 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:51 pm

I would like to inform you all that this issue is no longer present in newest commit from ESP-IDF master branch, I've tested it and everything is working fine.

BLE is now working while WiFi is connected to the AP, without configuration/source code changes in my project.

Maybe this issue is solved in some of previous commits, but I'm sure for commit: a3c4325.