Need ESP32 IDF 3.1 Release Plan Details

Ritesh

Need ESP32 IDF 3.1 Release Plan Details

Postby Ritesh » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:52 pm

Hi,

Does anyone has any idea regarding like when ESP32 IDF 3.1 Stable Branch will be released like ESP32 IDF 3.0 as I have seen branch for ESP32 IDF 3.1 but not found Stable Release yet.

Let me know if anyone has any information for that
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

ESP_Angus

Re: Need ESP32 IDF 3.1 Release Plan Details

Postby ESP_Angus » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:56 am

Hi Ritesh,

We plan to release ESP-IDF V3.1 soon, but the release is currently beta. We don't have a firm release date, yet.

Do you need a particular feature which is only in V3.1? If not, I recommend using the current stable release V3.0.2.

If you do need a V3.1 feature for development, then I suggest developing with the release/v3.1 branch. This branch is beta quality and is very close to final release state. Please report any bugs you find in this branch. Once the final V3.1 release is done, updating to it will not require any significant changes to your code.

Angus

Ritesh

Re: Need ESP32 IDF 3.1 Release Plan Details

Postby Ritesh » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:08 pm

ESP_Angus wrote:Hi Ritesh,

We plan to release ESP-IDF V3.1 soon, but the release is currently beta. We don't have a firm release date, yet.

Do you need a particular feature which is only in V3.1? If not, I recommend using the current stable release V3.0.2.

If you do need a V3.1 feature for development, then I suggest developing with the release/v3.1 branch. This branch is beta quality and is very close to final release state. Please report any bugs you find in this branch. Once the final V3.1 release is done, updating to it will not require any significant changes to your code.

Angus
Thanks for quick response regarding same.

Actually, I have looked that Bluetooth is more stable and well tested into ESP32 3.1 branch and we have also developed one sample demo application using ESP32 3.1 beta branch which is working fine without any issue.

So, Now, We are planning to develop complete application using ESP32 3.1 Stable Release and so that I have asked to get stable ESP32 3.1 SDK for that.

That is my basic requirement for our product so far.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati