Need help to add support for UART Tx with DMA(using UHCI driver api) and Rx without DMA(using UART driver api)

Ritesh

Need help to add support for UART Tx with DMA(using UHCI driver api) and Rx without DMA(using UART driver api)

Postby Ritesh » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:42 pm

Hi Support Team,

We are using ESP32 IDF version 2.1 and want to use UART DMA. In this IDF version 2.1, there is no any support provided for UART DMA. So in earlier discussion with support team we got some sample code for UART DMA. here attached received uhci.tar.gz file from support team.

So the above mention driver file working fine for DMA init for UART Tx and Rx both. but I am facing issue while UART Tx with DMA(using UHCI driver api) and Rx without DMA(using UART driver api).

1. Is it possible to use UART Tx without dma and Rx with dma and vice versa?
2. If possible then do you have reference example or demo sample code to verify over ESP32? Could you please send those details with sample code if you have?

Let me know if need any details from our side regarding same.
Attachments
uhci(1).tar.gz
(5.26 KiB) Downloaded 325 times
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

Ritesh

Re: Need help to add support for UART Tx with DMA(using UHCI driver api) and Rx without DMA(using UART driver api)

Postby Ritesh » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:23 pm

Hi ESP32 IDF Support Team or Developer Team,

Let me know if need any more details regarding this DMA related issue which right now we are facing in our development phase.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

Ritesh

Re: Need help to add support for UART Tx with DMA(using UHCI driver api) and Rx without DMA(using UART driver api)

Postby Ritesh » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:15 pm

Hi ESP32 SDK Developers,

Is there any update regarding my queries which I have asked?
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:45 pm

Hi ESP_igrr

Do you have any idea or clue for this?
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:57 am

Hi ESP_igrr or Espressif System SDK Team,

Do you have any update regarding the issue which I have raised for DMA over UART into ESP32?
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati