Still having issues with Unresolved inclusion of headers in Eclipse

AsYouWishEngineer

Still having issues with Unresolved inclusion of headers in Eclipse

Postby AsYouWishEngineer » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:40 am

Hello,

I just started working with the ESP32. I am using Windows 10 64 bit, Eclipse Version: 2018-09 (4.9.0) Build id: 20180917-1800. I am using the current stable release of the IDF (v3.1) and I'm having the same issues that many other developers have encountered with the unresolved headers in eclipse.

I have read many posts and tried many solutions. To my understanding of the bug reports and pull requests, this issue should have been resolved with an update to the IDF a while ago.

I set up the environment for the first time today and used the official tutorial here. I managed to get the Hello World example working properly in Eclipse, and used that as the basis to create a copy/paste eclipse "starter" project with identical settings as shown here. I have made sure the heuristic indexer option is disabled.

I have reconfigured from the tutorial very carefully to try to ensure I haven't made a mistake in configuration. I don't think I made a mistake since the "starter" project is resolving all headers correctly.

Here is my method for attempting to make a new project with existing code (such as an example project):
1) Copy my "starter" project in eclipse that is working properly as described in the github comments linked above.
2) Clean out all files except setting files.
3) Copy in files from existing/example project.
4) Run menuconfig
5) Clean project
6) Build Project
7) Right click on project-->Indexer-->Rebuild Index

It still doesn't work. I am currently trying to get ESP32 Wifi Manager to display correctly, but it won't (it compiles and runs properly).

Does anyone have suggestions? I am happy to post my eclipse workspace (if I can do that) or show screenshots, but I'm not sure what's relevant. Please let me know what would be helpful and I'll upload the it.

I tried to solve this issue myself by reading documentation, bug reports and forum posts and trying multiple methods, but it hasn't worked. I hope this is an easy fix that I'm overlooking.

Thank you for your help!

Edit: edited for clarity