If I run BT A2DP sink and a simple BLE GATT service on ESP32, how much power is left

cuanyu

If I run BT A2DP sink and a simple BLE GATT service on ESP32, how much power is left

Postby cuanyu » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:33 am

I have this project which requires dual mode Bluetooth and a local music file player. The Bluetooth classic should support A2DP sink and BLE will support a very simple GATT service. I wonder how much power is left for the music file playback function. I would have several music files to be overlayed in real-time and played back together. So it is not an ordinary audio playback. Currently I don't have ESP32 cause I am still in the process of selecting the platform. Of course the easiest way to go is to use a separate MCU and a Bluetooth module. But I'd really like to shrink the size of the board as much as possible. Theoretically ESP32 has enough power to do that as it has this dual core architecture. Could someone test that A2DP sink example on a ESP32 and give me the number. If the engineer from Espressif could see this, it would be quite easy for them, I guess. So please help me out. :D

chegewara

Re: If I run BT A2DP sink and a simple BLE GATT service on ESP32, how much power is left

Postby chegewara » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:35 pm

Hi,
playing back audio files from A2DP sink and using BLE at the same time is not a problem, you will have a lot CPU power left to do few more tasks. The problem can be to playback few files from A2DP at the same time, i dont know if this is possible.