modbus master RTU

karan_gajjar

modbus master RTU

Postby karan_gajjar » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:21 am

Hi,

I have downloaded the latest version of esp-idf from https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf
I see there is a code for modbus_slave, however I want to make ESP32 work as modbus master. Can you please provide me the release number from which I can get the modbus master?

ESP_alisitsyn

Re: modbus master RTU

Postby ESP_alisitsyn » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:37 am

Hi karan_gajjar,

The modbus master/slave RTU is planned to be released in v4.0. However it might be some delay with the release. If you need it sooner I can share the "work in progress" implementation. Please let me know if you need it.

--
Alex

karan_gajjar

Postby karan_gajjar » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:31 am

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the reply. Can you please let me know the tentative date or month for the v4.0 release?
Yes, please share the "work in progress" code as we are stuck in development.

--
Karan

ESP_alisitsyn

Postby ESP_alisitsyn » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:04 am

Hi Karan,

Unfortunately I can not let you know the correct date for v4.0 release. The code of Modbus Master RTU is attached. It is not free of some known issues but it works and can be used to start your development.

--
Alex
Attachments
WIP_mb_master.zip
Work in progress code of Modbus Master RTU and component with common master/slave interface.
(155.1 KiB) Downloaded 1030 times

karan_gajjar

Postby karan_gajjar » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:49 am

Hi Alex,

Thank you so much for the sample. But can you let us know what kind of changes do we expect to make?

--
Karan

ESP_alisitsyn

Postby ESP_alisitsyn » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:06 pm

Hi Karan,

I don't expect serious changes in the code. The master/slave interface API will be the same that is important for you. I expect to fix some known customer issue related to freemodbus slave code but currently can not reproduce on my current branch.

--
Alex

karan_gajjar

Postby karan_gajjar » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:00 pm

Hi Alex,

That sounds good. Hope to see this code in release version soon.

Regards,
Karan Gajjar

philipmec

Postby philipmec » Thu May 16, 2019 3:52 pm

Hi Alex, Karan,

could you please elaborate what this known issues in the mb master implementation are?
Thank you ver much,

Phil

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Fri May 17, 2019 10:01 pm

Hi Alex,

We are working on ESP32 IDF 3.1 and planning to use modbus into ESP32 as well.

We have checked few third party modbus supported libraries which we are planning to port as component into ESP32 IDF.

Would you please suggest like is there any library from your side which can be ported easily with example on ESP32 IDF? Or Is there any planning to provide modbus library as component into ESP32 IDF? If yes then please provide timeline with IDF details.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

akhileshthorat

Postby akhileshthorat » Sat May 18, 2019 12:16 pm

Ritesh wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:01 pm
Hi Alex,

We are working on ESP32 IDF 3.1 and planning to use modbus into ESP32 as well.

We have checked few third party modbus supported libraries which we are planning to port as component into ESP32 IDF.

Would you please suggest like is there any library from your side which can be ported easily with example on ESP32 IDF? Or Is there any planning to provide modbus library as component into ESP32 IDF? If yes then please provide timeline with IDF details.
Hi Ritesh,
ESP-IDF current master branch has Modbus Master example based on freemodbus architecture and can be found herehttps://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/tr ... bus_master .Next stable release is expected to release in next month or other(I'm guessing the release date)
Meanwhile application development can be started on the same.