Need help to start PSRAM support into ESP32 IDF 3.1

Ritesh

Re: Need help to start PSRAM support into ESP32 IDF 3.1

Postby Ritesh » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:31 pm

Hi,

I have looked below page for more understanding regarding configurations.

https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp ... ram-config

So, Would anyone please suggest me like which configuration must be required and which configuration can be useful to use PSRAM without any issue?
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:45 am

Hi Espressif System Developer,

Any Update regarding last post in which I have sent couple of queries regarding configuration of PSRAM?
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

fly135

Postby fly135 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:47 pm

I use this approach with heap_caps_malloc(size, MALLOC_CAP_SPIRAM)...
Add external RAM to the capability allocator
Select this option by choosing “Make RAM allocatable using heap_caps_malloc(…, MALLOC_CAP_SPIRAM)” from CONFIG_SPIRAM_USE.

When enabled, memory is mapped to address 0x3F800000 but also added to the capabilities-based heap memory allocator using MALLOC_CAP_SPIRAM.

To allocate memory from external RAM, a program should call heap_caps_malloc(size, MALLOC_CAP_SPIRAM). After use, this memory can be freed by calling the normal free() function.
I suppose that you could also integrate it to malloc. But I like the other because I know for sure that I'm getting it from PSRAM.

John A

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:08 am

fly135 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:47 pm
I use this approach with heap_caps_malloc(size, MALLOC_CAP_SPIRAM)...
Add external RAM to the capability allocator
Select this option by choosing “Make RAM allocatable using heap_caps_malloc(…, MALLOC_CAP_SPIRAM)” from CONFIG_SPIRAM_USE.

When enabled, memory is mapped to address 0x3F800000 but also added to the capabilities-based heap memory allocator using MALLOC_CAP_SPIRAM.

To allocate memory from external RAM, a program should call heap_caps_malloc(size, MALLOC_CAP_SPIRAM). After use, this memory can be freed by calling the normal free() function.
I suppose that you could also integrate it to malloc. But I like the other because I know for sure that I'm getting it from PSRAM.

John A
Thanks for update regarding same. I will check it and let you know if need any further help for same.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati