Visual pinout setup tool

Hubberthus

Visual pinout setup tool

Postby Hubberthus » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:57 pm

I've been working on a very simple tool for myself to make project planning easier:
https://hubberthus.github.io/

The general idea was to have a tool for different kinds of modules using ESP32, and play visually with the pinout until I'm satisfied with the result.
Different boards route out different pins, and may have built-in pull-up resistors and stuff.
But the main reason I've been doing this is because of the GPIO_Matrix. :)
There are virtually no limits and it is better to do the setup by clicking and actually seeing what goes where.
The ultimate tool would then generate code: A layer which I can use in the application code, but I'm still pretty far away from that.

Actually I know I'm pretty far away now from reality. The tool has many faults in it.
I tried to make it the best I could using the documentations, schematics, etc. However I'm just a programmer who happens to like this chip, and play with it. There are things which are just in "???" category for me.

But even with its flaws it may be useful for others as well, so I've decided to share it.

WiFive

Re: Visual pinout setup tool

Postby WiFive » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:40 pm

Looks interesting and useful. The module image is out of date and don't forget license and attribution.

Hubberthus

Postby Hubberthus » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:12 pm

Thanks for the feedback!
I've added attribution to the page, hope it is good.

I can't find an image which has the same layout as in the "ESP32 Module Reference Design" documentation for the ESP-WROOM-32 module.
The pin labels were updated, and I'll think of something about the image.

WiFive

Postby WiFive » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:49 pm

Attribution doesn't need to be that obtrusive. This is the newer version of that image: http://www.pighixxx.com/test/2016/08/wroom32/

Attribution should be to pighixxx and follow the terms of cc by-sa license.