WiFi Manager in Vuejs for ESP32

giobauermeister

WiFi Manager in Vuejs for ESP32

Postby giobauermeister » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:14 pm

Hello IoTers!

I've developed a WiFi Manager for ESP32 using Vuejs. It can be gzipped using gulp and flashed as a binary file to ESP32. The Vue WiFi Manager can be used to manage WiFi networks and there is also an option for static and dynamic IP address.

https://github.com/giobauermeister/esp3 ... ager-vuejs

If you guys find it interesting please give it a star on GitHub!

Any questions please fell free to ask.

username

Re: WiFi Manager in Vuejs for ESP32

Postby username » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:42 am

Thanks for sharing, Looks very nice.
Are you placing the html files on a uSD card?
If so do we just copy the files in the fold web-app to it?

giobauermeister

Postby giobauermeister » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:04 pm

Hello! Thanks!

The web files inside web-app folder are compressed using gulp generating a file called index.html.gzip. This file is then compiled into a .bin file using "Build filesystem image" from PlatformIO, and than flashed to a specific memory location depending on the partitions scheme of ESP32. No SD card needed. But you could also use an SD card I guess.

username

Postby username » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:13 am

Thank you for the tip. I got it working.
I have to say that is one of best looking & cleanest code example for a Wi-Fi setup I have seen. GREAT JOB!!!

The part I found the most interesting (and still have to wrap my head around) is how you got all those files into one index.html.gz file using gulp. Never heard of gulp before. Thus far gulp seems overly complicated to do something simple. But I like what it does in condensing the all the files into one, and how you implemented it into the code to pull it from spiffs was a great idea.

Maybe we could twist your arm to enlighten us on the steps to do that, but if not i understand.

Either way, Thank you so much for sharing your project, there is a great deal we all can learn from it.