ELLO 3M 'TROLL' computer

tulipcc

Re: ELLO 3M 'TROLL' computer

Postby tulipcc » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:39 pm

kiiid7 , this is really great. Glad to see a real clicky keyboard over the old ELLO style of that conductive sheet (I own an ELLO-2M!) :)

I've been working on something pretty similar (although more audio/music focused) and just working on getting the display board built. I'm more of a software guy -- I have done a lot of work on Loboris's Micropython port to get it going with the FT813, including having the REPL & etc show on screen (this wasn't trivial-- the FT81X display list doesn't have enough space to show enough characters on its own) and a USB keyboard doing the input. I've also got the FT813 working with a bigger display, a 10.1" 1024x468 widescreen. I'm working with a friend to get the PCBs manufactured.

I think we could probably share notes at the least, check out my build log: http://tulip.computer/

Are you going to use crowdsupply again for the TROLL? Let us know, I'm excited for one!!

kiiid7

Re: ELLO 3M 'TROLL' computer

Postby kiiid7 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:32 am

@tulippc, I only see this message now. The boards have been in manufacturing for the past few weeks and now getting ready to continue with the Troll.
It would be great if we share notes on the development. Please drop me a line at knivd at me.com.