ESP32 Manager

dyarkovyi

ESP32 Manager

Postby dyarkovyi » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:50 pm

Just wanted to share a piece of the software I made recently for my home automation needs, maybe someone finds it useful: https://esp32m.github.io/

Rudy12

Re: ESP32 Manager

Postby Rudy12 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:14 pm

I was excited when I read the description. I installed all the prerequisite packages. Then when I got to the step to do the build, I saw the notice that the SSID and pass code needed to be entered into the source. I had expected that there would have been an AP based installation. I suggest that you state earlier that it does not have that feature.

dyarkovyi

Postby dyarkovyi » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:07 am

Hi, thank you for the feedback. In fact, it does have that feature! The step to enter SSID/pass is optional, if you don't enter it - the AP will be started automatically, you can connect from any WiFi client and configure. Please see the description of the feature here: https://esp32m.com/docs/reference/compo ... ive-portal

mbratch

Postby mbratch » Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:59 pm

Thank you for sharing this ESP32 Manager. It's a useful framework with lots of features that can be customized.

I'm curious about the `esp32m.py` script though. I was getting errors trying to use it per the Quick Start instructions for compiling the example:

Code: Select all

python ../../esp32m.py --path idf /path/to/esp-idf build flash monitor
The script will append the string `esp-idf` to `/path/to/esp-idf` for some reason. This seems like an incorrect thing to do for a couple of reasons. Firstly, the assumption is that `/path/to/esp-idf` is already the complete path to the user's esp-idf folder. Secondly, this folder isn't always named `esp-idf`. Mine, for example, is called, `.../esp-idf-v4.4`. I modified the script to just omit appending the `esp-idf` string to the path and then it worked.