Bluetooth Classic Connectivity Issues

Jonathan_C_Rabe

Bluetooth Classic Connectivity Issues

Postby Jonathan_C_Rabe » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:21 am

Hi,

I am trying to connect an M5Stack with an HC-05 module. The M5Stack uses an esp32, and I also have some esp32's available just for testing. I want to connect the esp32 to an HC-05 and have some form of two-way Serial communication. I have the MAC Address of the esp32 and of the HC-05. I manage to get the HC-05 to work as a slave with my phone and have a serial comms this way. I also manage to use my phone and the esp32 to connect. But in no way am I getting the esp32 and the HC-05 to work together. I don't know how to use AT commands for the esp32, but using the AT commands for the HC-05, I can't get the module to pair with the esp32. I am using the Arduino IDE for the esp32, and I am simply using the HC-05 with a serial to USB converter and that seems to work for phone connectivity. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have been trying for about 3.5 days now with no luck. I am still new to Bluetooth and understand I have a lot to learn, please help me do this.

Your help is much appreciated
“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success . . . Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.” ―Nikola Tesla