Getting 3 boards talking Bluetooth (or BLE) to each other?

foodini

Getting 3 boards talking Bluetooth (or BLE) to each other?

Postby foodini » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:32 pm

I have - or rather, had - the SerialToSerialBT example sketch working until my phone quit connecting to it. My eventual application won't require a phone or computer anyway, so I might as well go straight to solving the problem in hand: I need to have 3 boards talking to each other. One will be logging data to an SD card and the others will be pulling info from sensors and sending it to the primary for writing to the card.

Is there a way that I can pair the three devices in code so I don't have to go through any manual step to set them up? If there's example code out there, that's about all I need. I can work it out from there.

Thanks.

abansal22

Re: Getting 3 boards talking Bluetooth (or BLE) to each other?

Postby abansal22 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:47 pm

foodini wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:32 pm
I have - or rather, had - the SerialToSerialBT example sketch working until my phone quit connecting to it. My eventual application won't require a phone or computer anyway, so I might as well go straight to solving the problem in hand: I need to have 3 boards talking to each other. One will be logging data to an SD card and the others will be pulling info from sensors and sending it to the primary for writing to the card.

Is there a way that I can pair the three devices in code so I don't have to go through any manual step to set them up? If there's example code out there, that's about all I need. I can work it out from there.

Thanks.
It can be done easily. You have to create connection and saving it in flash . Up to my knowledge by default esp 32 ble can create 8 concurrent connection. Write data to the node containing sd card. You can do it by capturing the appropiate event in the gatt callback function.

But if have to make this functionality, i will use ble mesh. Its convenient, scalable and more reliable.